This brochure includes information about group B strep (GBS) and steps that pregnant women can take before they go into labor and when their water breaks to prevent their baby from being infected with GBS.
- What is GBS?
- Being a carrier for these bacteria does not mean you have an infection.
- Ask your doctor for a GBS test when you are 35 to 37 weeks pregnant.
- The antibiotic is only given during labor.
- What you can do before...
Through this 4-week program, patients with complex care needs receive specific tools, are supported by a “transition coach,” and learn self-management skills to ensure their needs are met during the transition from hospital to home.
The tool kit includes the following:
- Intervention tools
- Protocol manual
- Discharge preparation checklist
- Personal health record
- Sample transition coach charting form
- Coach database
This tool is a collection of fact sheets on drug abuse and addiction.
These fact sheets are organized in the following categories:
- Effects of drug abuse
- Health effects of specific drugs
- Prevention and treatment
- Survey data
SNAP (School Network for Absenteeism Prevention) is a grassroots, education-based effort to improve health by making hand cleaning an integral part of the school day.
The SNAP toolkit is organized into the following sections:
- About the SNAP program
- Clean hands: A critical issue
- Getting real and making it happen
- Integrating hand cleaning into the curriculum
- Step-by-step project planning guide
- About the National Recognition Program...
This consumer-oriented Web site provides information about low vision.
The site includes the following sections:
- Do you have low vision? (self-assessment quiz)
- What you should know
- Living with low vision
- Low vision FAQs
- Low vision glossary
- Helping a loved one
This information is also available in Spanish.
The American Academy of Neurology guideline summary provides patients and their families with information about tests that help physicians identify the cause of status epilepticus in children.
The guideline summary is organized into the following sections:
- What is a seizure?
- What is status epilepticus (SE)?
- Diagnosing the cause of SE
- Laboratory tests
- Metabolic and genetic testing
This is a summary of the American Academy of Neurology (AAN) and Child Neurology Society’s (CNS) evidence-based guideline reviewing all available evidence on the assessment of the child with status epilepticus.
The guideline summary includes recommendations for determining the cause of status epilepticus in children including:
- Assessment of laboratory studies
- Assessment of metabolic and genetic testing
- Assessment of electroencephalography
This tool produces customized Medicaid fact sheets by comparing each State to the United States or to any other
State in terms of demographics, health resources, and Medicaid enrollment. Other options include:
- Download, e-mail, or print a PDF of the Medicaid fact sheet
- Create Medicaid fact sheets for all 50 States and D.C.
- Create a Medicaid fact sheet with State lows and highs
The topics displayed on the fact sheet are automatically updated when...
This guide is an evidence-informed modular approach for assisting people in the immediate aftermath of disaster and terrorism, to reduce initial distress and to foster short- and long-term adaptive functioning. It is for use by mental health specialists, including first responders, incident command systems, primary and emergency health care providers, school crisis response teams, faith-based organizations, disaster relief organizations, Community Emergency Response Teams, Medical Reserve...
This brochure provides soldiers with information about serious forms of deployment-related stress problems. It also provides some general guidance on where to get assistance if they think they may be experiencing any of these problems.
- An overview of deployment-related stress
- Post traumatic stress disorder
- Acute stress disorder
- Adjustment disorders
- Combat/operational stress reactions