The American Academy of Neurology guideline summary provides patients and their families with information about tests that help physicians identify the cause of status epilepticus in children.
The guideline summary is organized into the following sections:
- What is a seizure?
- What is status epilepticus (SE)?
- Diagnosing the cause of SE
- Laboratory tests
- Metabolic and genetic testing
This tool produces customized Medicaid fact sheets by comparing each State to the United States or to any other
State in terms of demographics, health resources, and Medicaid enrollment. Other options include:
- Download, e-mail, or print a PDF of the Medicaid fact sheet
- Create Medicaid fact sheets for all 50 States and D.C.
- Create a Medicaid fact sheet with State lows and highs
The topics displayed on the fact sheet are automatically updated when...
This guide is an evidence-informed modular approach for assisting people in the immediate aftermath of disaster and terrorism, to reduce initial distress and to foster short- and long-term adaptive functioning. It is for use by mental health specialists, including first responders, incident command systems, primary and emergency health care providers, school crisis response teams, faith-based organizations, disaster relief organizations, Community Emergency Response Teams, Medical Reserve...
This pocket guide is condensed from Helping Patients Who Drink Too Much: A Clinician’s Guide, a 30-page guide prepared by the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA) . It is organized into the following sections, using flowchart or tabular format:
- How to screen for heavy drinking
- How to assess for alcohol use disorders
- How to conduct a brief intervention (for at-risk drinking and for alcohol use disorders)
- What’s a...
These tools provide information about science-based interventions that use motivational incentives (low- or no-cost reinforcements such as vouchers, prizes, and privileges) to help reduce drug use and enhance client retention in treatment programs.
The tool kit includes the following materials:
- PowerPoint presentations
- Support materials
- For program administrators
- Sample policy and...
- For program administrators
This educational kit is intended for nurses, midwives, and other educators who make presentations on food safety for pregnant women. The materials are available in English and Spanish.
The tool kit contains the following materials:
- Educator’s resource guide
- Pregnancy and foodborne illness: Frequently asked questions
- Four simple steps to food safety
- Foodborne risks for moms-to-be
- Special precautions for moms-to-be
This brochure provides soldiers with information about serious forms of deployment-related stress problems. It also provides some general guidance on where to get assistance if they think they may be experiencing any of these problems.
- An overview of deployment-related stress
- Post traumatic stress disorder
- Acute stress disorder
- Adjustment disorders
- Combat/operational stress reactions
This toolkit can help hospitals implement a standardized color-coded wristband system, using Arizona's model. In 2006, Arizona hospitals began a Statewide initiative to use color-coded wristbands to help hospital workers identify at-risk patients, including those who have do-not-resuscitate (DNR) orders, allergies, or who are at risk for falls. Since many health care workers practice at more than one hospital, standardized wristband colors help them avoid confusion and possible medical error...
The VERB Web site offers many interactive features that will help “tweens” get active. It offers fun games, interesting facts, photo journals, and blogs.
The National Registry of Evidence-based Programs and Practices (NREPP) is a searchable database of interventions for the prevention and treatment of mental and substance use disorders.
- Using NREPP
- History of NREPP and recent changes
- Types of interventions included in NREPP
- Mental health promotion
- Mental health treatment
- Substance abuse prevention
- Substance abuse treatment
- Co-occurring disorders
- What is...