This summary provides patients with information about prostate cancer treatment.
This summary addresses the following topics:
- General information about prostate cancer
- Stages of prostate cancer
- Recurrent prostate cancer
- Treatment option overview
- Treatment options by stage
- Treatment options for recurrent prostate cancer
This Web site contains concepts, tips, and tools for evaluating the quality of health care for children. This online resource can help to answer the following (and related) questions about measuring health care quality in child health programs:
- How can you tell whether children are receiving quality health care?
- How do you know when a health program is functioning effectively?
- Where can you find tools to help answer these questions?
- If the right tool is not...
This fact sheet provides women with information about mammograms. It includes the following sections:
- What is a mammogram?
- What happens during a mammogram?
- Who should get one?
- Why should I have one?
- How will I pay?
- How do I get a mammogram?
- What else can I do?
- Where can I learn more?
This guide provides information on 120 key outcome indicators for evaluation of statewide comprehensive tobacco prevention and control programs. Indicators are organized by evidence-based logic models. Detailed information is provided for each indicator, including indicator definition, example data sources and measures, and graphic depictions of expert panel ratings across various criteria, such as overall quality and resource utilization.
This guide addresses the following topics:...
These screening instruments can aid clinicians and others in identifying patients with alcohol problems.
The following screening tools are presented:
- CAGE: Can identify alcohol problems over the lifetime
- T-ACE: Based on the CAGE, this tool is valuable for identifying a range of use, including lifetime use and prenatal use
- Alcohol Use Disorders Identification Test (AUDIT): Can detect alcohol problems experienced in the last year
This chart lists recommended screenings and immunizations for women aged 18-39, 40-49, 50-64, and 65 and older.
This chart includes recommendations in the following areas:
- General health
- Heart health
- Bone health
- Breast health
- Reproductive health
- Mental health screening
- Colorectal health
- Eye and ear health
- Skin health
- Oral health
This statement summarizes the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) recommendations on screening for abdominal aortic aneurysm and the supporting scientific evidence. It updates the 1996 recommendations contained in the Guide to Clinical Preventive Services , 2nd edition.
This tool includes the following sections:
- What does the USPSTF recommend?
- What are the risk factors for abdominal aortic aneurysm?
- What are the potential benefits of...
This report describes the importance of physical activity in older adults and provides recommendations for physicians to help their older patients stay active.
Some topics addressed include:
- Prevalence of inactivity in older adults
- Costs of inactivity
- Health benefits of regular physical activity
- Recommended levels of physical activity in older adults
- Strategies to promote physical activity in older adults
- What can work to promote...
This tool provides information about how to keep food and water safe after a natural disaster or power outage. It is organized into the following sections:
- Identify and throw away food that may not be safe to eat
- Storing food safely
- Feeding infants and young children
- Clean and sanitize food-contact surfaces
- Related resources
This consumer guide helps older Pennsylvanians choose Medicare Advantage Plans. Medicare Advantage Plans (also called Part C) are managed care plans offered by private insurance companies that manage the health care of their enrolled members.
- Lists managed care plans by county
- Provides comparisons on monthly premiums and co-payments
- Gives an overview of the benefits offered
- Presents information about several quality measurements, as...