This study, published in the journal Pediatrics, involved a literature review and interviews with expert observers to assess the status of initiatives aimed at improving the quality of child health services.
This article includes the following sections:
- Literature review
- Literature review
- Overview of literature
- The methods of quality improvement (QI)
- Literature review
This 15-page booklet provides information about breastfeeding to help American Indian and Alaska Native women.
This booklet addresses the following topics:
- Benefits of breastfeeding for infants, mothers, the community, and the future
- Is breastfeeding easy?
- How do I get started?
- Answers to frequently asked questions about breastfeeding
- Where can I go for help?
- Summary of information for breastfeeding success
This tool kit provides women with information about the importance of early detection and screening for breast cancer and instructions for a breast self-exam (BSE).
The tool kit includes:
- Breast self awareness information
- BSE instructional tool (available in English, Spanish, and Hindi)
- BSE card
- This full-color waterproof card illustrates and describes the technique of BSE. Monthly punch-...
The Rural Information Center (RIC) provides information and referral services to local, tribal, State, and Federal government officials; community organizations; rural electric and telephone cooperatives; libraries; businesses; and citizens working to maintain the vitality of America’s rural areas. The RIC Web site contains more than 2,500 links to current and reliable information on a wide variety of rural resources and funding sources on the following topics:
- Agricultural safety...
This 32-page guide provides a list of breast cancer resources, including organizations, documents, programs, and other resources.
The resources in this guide are arranged in the following categories:
- Risk factors
- Unchangeable risk factors
- Lifestyle-related risk factors
- Mammogram information
- Federal agencies and programs
- National organizations/programs
- State programs
- Community programs ...
This guide provides tips to help older people prevent falls.
This guide discusses the following four tips:
- Begin a regular exercise program
- Make your home safer
- Have your health care provider review your medicines
- Have your vision checked
This guide is intended to assist State, local, and tribal public health professionals in the initiation of response activities during the first 24 hours of an emergency or disaster.
This guide addresses the following topics:
- Public health emergency preparedness assumptions
- Public health emergency response functions and tasks during the acute phase
- Ongoing public health emergency response functions and tasks
- Documentation of contacts and actions...
This Web site contains concepts, tips, and tools for evaluating the quality of health care for children. This online resource can help to answer the following (and related) questions about measuring health care quality in child health programs:
- How can you tell whether children are receiving quality health care?
- How do you know when a health program is functioning effectively?
- Where can you find tools to help answer these questions?
- If the right tool is not...
This four-page checklist was developed by the National Center for Cultural Competence as part of a series to assist organizations and systems of care in developing policies, structures, and practices that support cultural and linguistic competence. It focuses on systems of care and organizations concerned with the delivery of services and supports to children and youth with emotional, behavioral, and mental disorders and to their families.
This checklist addresses the following...
This toolkit from the Bright Futures for Women's Health and Wellness (BFWHW) Initiative is for women who want to improve the health of their communities. It provides guidance to plan, carry out, and evaluate a physical activity and/or healthy eating event. It also includes real-life stories from women who took action in their communities to get people moving and eating healthier.
This toolkit is divided into 10 Building Blocks—ideas and tools to help women plan a community activity:...