This toolkit offers a structured approach for addressing quality improvement in prenatal care and a collection of “lessons learned” by health plans serving Medicaid members. It will help health plans review common barriers that Medicaid plans face in improving birth outcomes, develop strategies to overcome these barriers, review clinical and administrative strategies that other health plans have implemented, and measure incremental and long-term change.
This toolkit addresses the...
This fact sheet for parents of high school athletes is part of the toolkit for coaches, Heads Up: Concussion in High School Sports. It addresses the following topics:
- What is a concussion?
- What are the signs and symptoms of a concussion?
- What should you do if you think your teenage athlete has a concussion?
This 180-page guide addresses several important aspects of primary care and treatment for patients with HIV/AIDS. The 18 chapters in this guide were written by HIV/AIDS researchers and physicians at major U.S. medical centers. Using the recommended references and citations, the user can access in-depth information on topics of particular importance.
This guide addresses the following topics:
- Primary care as chronic care
- Approach to the patient
- Core elements...
This Web site enables users to find and compare information about the services and quality of care provided at dialysis facilities in any State. It also provides a wide range of other information to help patients, their families, and providers learn more about chronic kidney disease and dialysis.
The Web site includes the following sections:
- How to use Dialysis Facility Compare
- Patient tools
- What to ask dialysis care providers
- What to ask...
The Intercultural Cancer Council (ICC) Cancer Fact Sheets were created because medically underserved populations, such as racial and ethnic minorities, experience disproportionately greater suffering and compromised health from cancer compared to the U.S. population as a whole.
The following cancer fact sheets are available:
- African Americans and cancer
- American Indians/Alaska natives and cancer
- Asian Americans and cancer
- Hispanics/Latinos and...
This chart enables women to record their basal (resting) body temperature to help them know their fertility pattern and see the changes from month to month.
To use this chart, women can do the following:
- Plot their basal body temperature on the graph for each day of their menstrual cycle
- Connect the dots from day to day to see a pattern, enabling them over time to see when they tend to ovulate
This fact sheet can be used by health care providers to educate their patients about the importance of calcium consumption in children and teenagers.
This fact sheet is part of Milk Matters, a public health education campaign to promote calcium consumption among tweens and teens, especially during the ages of 11 to 15, a time of critical bone growth.
This fact sheet answers the following questions:
- How does pediatric bone...
This 32-page guide provides a list of breast cancer resources, including organizations, documents, programs, and other resources.
The resources in this guide are arranged in the following categories:
- Risk factors
- Unchangeable risk factors
- Lifestyle-related risk factors
- Mammogram information
- Federal agencies and programs
- National organizations/programs
- State programs
- Community programs ...
This lung health curriculum features lessons and a resource section designed with both the teacher and the student in mind. The lessons are specifically tailored for delivery to elementary school children in grades 3/4 and 5/6.
This educational guide is designed to help students:
- Develop a basic understanding of the lungs and asthma
- Learn ways that they can support classmates with asthma
- Develop a basic understanding of the lungs and the health effects of...
This guide provides tips to help older people prevent falls.
This guide discusses the following four tips:
- Begin a regular exercise program
- Make your home safer
- Have your health care provider review your medicines
- Have your vision checked