This 21-page tool was developed to guide organizations, associations, and agencies in planning strategies to help people age 50 and older increase their physical activity.
This tool includes the following sections:
- Executive summary
- Section one
- Vision and guiding principles
- A snapshot of America’s aging population
- Types and benefits of physical activity
- Demographic shifts
- Chronic illness and the aging...
These four posters warn about the dangers of secondhand smoke.
Topics of the posters include:
- Protect yourself from secondhand smoke
- There’s no such thing as a no smoking section
- Secondhand smoke is dangerous to children
- Secondhand smoke is toxic
The posters are also available in Spanish.
This PDQ cancer information summary for health professionals provides comprehensive, peer-reviewed, evidence-based information about the genetics of breast and ovarian cancer. This tool contains sections on:
Family history as a risk factor for breast cancer
Family history as a risk factor for ovarian cancer
Autosomal dominant inheritance of breast/ovarian cancer...
This Web site presents information about tuberculosis (TB). It is part of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC’s) National Prevention Information Network (NPIN).
This site provides information on the following:
- What’s new in TB
- TB today
- The changing epidemiology of TB
- Populations most affected by TB
- Challenges to TB elimination
- TB elimination and control today
- Making the connection
This tool provides tips to help parents and caregivers choose safe toys for their children.
This tool addresses the following topics:
- The creation of safe toy standards
- How toys are tested for safety
- Choosing toys for your child’s age group
- For infants, toddlers, and preschoolers
- For grade-schoolers
- Toys in your home
- Dangerous toys
- Loud toys
- Other things to consider
- Reporting unsafe toys ...
This fact sheet addresses overweight in children and provides recommendations on its prevention.
This fact sheet includes the following sections:
- Is this generation of youth really more overweight than previous generations?
- How does being overweight affect a child’s health?
- 10 serious health threats for overweight youth
- How do you determine if a child is overweight?
- Should an overweight child go on a diet?
- Why are more children today...
This tool answers common questions on how the environment affects women’s health including the following topics:
- The environment
- Outdoor air pollution
- Indoor air pollution
- Workplace environment
- UV radiation
- Water contamination
- Environmental hormones
This report examines questionnaires, surveys, and other instruments currently used to assess the services and quality of care in assisted living facilities across the United States including consumer-reported instruments, expert observational instruments, and provider-reported tools that evaluate services offered, the physical and cultural environments, staff issues, activities, social support, and contractual issues.
The report includes the following sections:
This 66-page toolkit describes the experiences of 11 Medicaid managed care organizations in developing, pilot testing, and refining a Best Clinical and Administrative Practices (BCAP) initiative to improve early childhood screening and anticipatory guidance, with an emphasis on preventive pediatric care.
This toolkit addresses the following topics:
- Enhancing child development services in Medicaid managed care
- Enhancing child development services using the BCAP...
This free, online tool from the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) calculates how health care quality can affect the productivity and absenteeism of employees and affords employers and health care purchasers the opportunity to see how quality care can impact their company’s bottom line.
The Quality Dividend Calculator 2008 estimates the absenteeism, lost productivity, and related expenses that result from a specific set of chronic conditions: asthma, diabetes, heart...