This patient handout provides information on group B strep screening and treatment during pregnancy.
This information sheet addresses the following questions:
- What is group B strep?
- Why do I need to get tested for group B strep during each pregnancy?
- What happens to babies born with the group B strep bacteria?
- How can group B strep disease in babies be prevented?
- What if I’m allergic to some antibiotics?
- How does someone get group B...
Improving Immunizations: Addressing Racial and Ethnic Populations includes several case studies on the leading health indicator of immunization for infectious diseases, with a special focus on reducing racial and ethnic disparities.
The primer provides background information, practical recommendations, and solutions to commonly encountered questions that physicians face from diverse patient populations, case presentations for improving health care delivery, and resources.
This document helps community planning groups, health departments, and other stakeholders understand the issues behind Latino participation in HIV prevention community planning, as well as increase Latino participation in the process. It is a compilation of information collected from a series of regional/national meetings, where Latino staff of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) National Technical Assistance (TA) Providers' Network for Community Planning facilitated...
For those who are not immunized against the flu, this tool presents three suggestions to help reduce the chances of getting the illness.
This tool provides links for downloading 60 campaign posters on hand hygiene as a means to reduce the risk of infection. These posters are intended to promote hand hygiene to both clinical and general audiences in health care settings. Three of the posters are also available in Spanish.
This fact sheet offers tips to help protect patients from infections in the hospital.
Tips on this fact sheet are divided into the following categories:
- Planning ahead for surgery
- While in the hospital following surgery
This fact sheet provides recommendations for protecting children under 6 months against the flu.
This tool addresses the following topics:
- Children at 6 months are at higher risk
- Advice for caregivers of children less than 2 years old
- Take time to get a vaccine
- Take everyday preventive steps
- Take antiviral drugs if your doctor says you need them
- Advice for caregivers who get the flu
- Remember how the...
This fact sheet addresses the prevention, spread, and treatment of the flu in schools.
This fact sheet addresses the following topics:
- Fast flu facts
- Things to keep in mind for school-age children
- Things for schools to keep in mind
This tool provides links for downloading 14 campaign posters on respiratory hygiene tips for reducing the risk of infection. These posters are intended to promote respiratory hygiene to both clinical and general audiences in health care settings.
This tool provides links for downloading five campaign posters that emphasize the importance of personal protective equipment and handwashing as a means to reduce the risk of infection in health care settings. These posters are intended for both clinical and general audiences. Two of the posters are also available in Spanish.