This Web page from the Assuring Better Child Health and Development (ABCD) program offers tools and resources to help States identify families and children at risk. The ABCD program is designed to assist States in improving the delivery of early child development services for low-income children and their families by strengthening primary health care services and systems that support the healthy development of young children(ages 0 to 3).
Tools available include the following:...
This supplemental appendix for the Translating Research into Practice for Postpartum Depression (TRIPPD) effectiveness study provides a set of tools to facilitate diagnosis, follow-up, and management of postpartum depression.
The tools available in the supplemental appendix include the following:
- Immediate action protocol
- Nurses follow-up call form
- Physician-to-nurse referral form
- Medication chart
- Sheet of medication side effects...
This checklist, for women who have recently given birth, provides a list of symptoms and feelings they may experience to evaluate depression or anxiety. The self-evaluation can provide a basis for conversation with a health care provider for treatment, if needed.
This 10-question scale is a valuable and efficient way of identifying patients at risk for postnatal depression. It is easy to administer and has proven to be an effective screening tool.
Mothers who score above 13 are likely to be suffering from a depressive illness of varying severity. The score should not, however, override clinical judgment; a careful clinical assessment should be carried out to confirm the diagnosis. The scale indicates how the mother has felt during the...
The booklet offers information to women about depression during or after a pregnancy. This booklet also provides information for fathers, family, and friends on how to help their loved one.
The booklet addresses the following topics:
- What causes perinatal depression?
- Who is at risk?
- Types of perinatal depression
- Symptoms of perinatal depression
- If I have perinatal depression, what can I do?
- Advice for fathers, family, and...
This tool addresses the following common questions about depression during and after pregnancy:
- What is depression?
- How common is depression during and after pregnancy?
- What causes depression?
- During pregnancy
- After pregnancy
- What are symptoms of depression?
- What is the difference between “baby blues,” postpartum depression, and postpartum psychosis?
- What steps can I take if I have symptoms of depression during...