This educational program for clinicians provides information about the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality’s (AHRQ’s) systematic review of the comparative effectiveness and safety of tamoxifen, raloxifene, and tibolone for reducing the risk of primary breast cancer in women. It guides clinicians in discussing AHRQ’s findings with women who may be candidates for FDA-approved therapies.
At the conclusion of this activity, the participant should be able to:
These free assessments for consumers present information about various health conditions and the risks connected with them. Users will receive a Personal Health Report, which includes a summary of their results, information about their specific risk factors, and ways to improve their health.
The assessments cover the following health issues:
- Heart disease
- Vascular disease
- Breast cancer
- Colon cancer...
These toolkits for clinicians help establish a health support center for assisting patients in making health care decisions. Each set provides guidelines and examples to be used in either primary or specialty care settings for the best decision support a patient would need.
- Starting a shared decision making center
- Decision support toolkit for primary care
- Decision support toolkit for specialty care
- Breast cancer
- Hip and...
The American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) convened an expert panel to conduct a systematic review of the literature available through February 2004 on the use of sentinel lymph node biopsy (SNB) in early-stage breast cancer. This three-page tool summarizes the guideline recommendations developed by ASCO.
This guideline summary addresses the following topics:
- How should the results of SNB be utilized in clinical practice? Can full axillary lymph...
The National Breast Cancer Foundation’s mission is to save lives by increasing awareness of breast cancer through education and by providing mammograms for those in need.
Web site topics/features include:
- Beyond the shock - A step by step guide to understanding the diagnosis of breast cancer
- Library - Tools and resources to learn about breast cancer
- Signs and symptoms
This fact sheet answers common questions about mammograms. It addresses the following topics:
- What is the best method of detecting breast cancer?
- What is a mammogram?
- Are there different types of mammograms?
- How is a mammogram done?
- What if I have breast implants?
- How often should I get a mammogram?
- Where can I get a mammogram?
- How do I get ready for my mammogram?
- Are there any problems with mammograms?
This guide is designed to help women understand changes that occur in their breasts.
This guide includes the following information:
- About your breasts
- Types of breast changes
- Finding breast changes
- Breast changes during your lifetime that are not cancer
- Getting a second opinion
- Followup tests to tell you more
- Finding the support you need
- For more information
- Chart 1: Possible mammogram results and followup care...
This slideshow summarizes the guideline recommendations developed by the American Society of Clinical Oncology on the use of sentinel lymph node biopsy (SNB) in early-stage breast cancer.
This slideshow addresses the following topics:
- Guideline methodology
- Guideline questions
- Can full axillary lymph node dissection be avoided in patients with negative findings on SNB?
- Is full axillary lymph node dissection necessary for all patients...
This tool presents questions and answers addressing early stage breast cancer.
It covers the following breast cancer-related topics:
- Lobular vs. ductal carcinoma
- Side effects
- Breast reconstruction
- More information/links to other resources
This 32-page guide provides a list of breast cancer resources, including organizations, documents, programs, and other resources.
The resources in this guide are arranged in the following categories:
- Risk factors
- Unchangeable risk factors
- Lifestyle-related risk factors
- Mammogram information
- Federal agencies and programs
- National organizations/programs
- State programs
- Community programs ...