This educational program for clinicians provides information about the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality’s (AHRQ’s) systematic review of the comparative effectiveness and safety of tamoxifen, raloxifene, and tibolone for reducing the risk of primary breast cancer in women. It guides clinicians in discussing AHRQ’s findings with women who may be candidates for FDA-approved therapies.
At the conclusion of this activity, the participant should be able to:
These free assessments for consumers present information about various health conditions and the risks connected with them. Users will receive a Personal Health Report, which includes a summary of their results, information about their specific risk factors, and ways to improve their health.
The assessments cover the following health issues:
- Heart disease
- Vascular disease
- Breast cancer
- Colon cancer...
These toolkits for clinicians help establish a health support center for assisting patients in making health care decisions. Each set provides guidelines and examples to be used in either primary or specialty care settings for the best decision support a patient would need.
- Starting a shared decision making center
- Decision support toolkit for primary care
- Decision support toolkit for specialty care
- Breast cancer
- Hip and...
This tool provides information about mammograms and other breast imaging procedures.
This tool addresses the following topics:
- Screening mammograms
- American Cancer Society recommendations for early breast cancer detection
- Diagnostic mammograms
- Tips for having a mammogram
- What to expect when you get a mammogram
- Help with mammogram costs
- Regulation of mammography
- What does the doctor look for on your mammogram?
This Web site makes aging-related health information easily accessible for adults 60 and older, as well as their family members and friends.
This Web site addresses the following topics:
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Balance problems
- Breast cancer
- Caring for someone with Alzheimer’s
- Colorectal cancer
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Diabetic retinopathy...
This tool presents some signs and symptoms of serious health conditions, which should be checked by a doctor or nurse including:
- Signs of a heart attack
- Signs of a stroke
- Symptoms of reproductive health problems
- Symptoms of breast problems
- Symptoms of lung problems
- Symptoms of stomach or digestive problems
- Symptoms of bladder problems
- Symptoms of skin problems
- Symptoms of muscle or joint problems
- Symptoms of...
This tool kit provides women with information about the importance of early detection and screening for breast cancer and instructions for a breast self-exam (BSE).
The tool kit includes:
- Breast self awareness information
- BSE instructional tool (available in English, Spanish, and Hindi)
- BSE card
- This full-color waterproof card illustrates and describes the technique of BSE. Monthly punch-...
This slideshow presentation summarizes the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)/College of American Pathologists (CAP) Guideline Recommendations for Human Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor 2 (HER2) Testing in Breast Cancer.
This slideshow contains 25 slides and is organized into the following sections:
- Guideline methodology
- Guideline questions
- Optimal testing algorithm for the assessment of HER2 status
This tool by the American Cancer Society provides lists of questions to guide women with breast cancer in talking with their cancer care team.
The questions are organized into the following sections:
- When you’re told you have breast cancer
- When deciding on a treatment plan
- Before treatment
- During and after treatment
- Other questions I need answered (blank template for additional questions)
This interactive tool will send an e-mail message each year reminding you or someone you know to “Please schedule your mammogram today.” You can choose the month for delivery of the reminder.