Disease or Clinical Category
This consumer-oriented Web site provides information about low vision.
The site includes the following sections:
- Do you have low vision? (self-assessment quiz)
- What you should know
- Living with low vision
- Low vision FAQs
- Low vision glossary
- Helping a loved one
This information is also available in Spanish.
This checklist helps hospitals assess and improve their preparedness for responding to pandemic influenza.
The checklist is divided into the following sections:
- Structure for planning and decisionmaking
- Development of a written pandemic influenza plan
- Elements of an influenza pandemic plan
The American Academy of Neurology guideline summary provides patients and their families with information about tests that help physicians identify the cause of status epilepticus in children.
The guideline summary is organized into the following sections:
- What is a seizure?
- What is status epilepticus (SE)?
- Diagnosing the cause of SE
- Laboratory tests
- Metabolic and genetic testing
This brochure for Veterans Administration (VA) health care providers describes secondary prevention activities for patients with HIV.
This brochure answers the following questions:
- What is secondary HIV prevention?
- What are the goals of secondary HIV prevention?
- Who in VA medical centers, clinics, and Vet Centers can conduct secondary HIV prevention activities?
- Why should VA health care providers practice secondary HIV prevention activities with...
This brochure provides soldiers with information about serious forms of deployment-related stress problems. It also provides some general guidance on where to get assistance if they think they may be experiencing any of these problems.
- An overview of deployment-related stress
- Post traumatic stress disorder
- Acute stress disorder
- Adjustment disorders
- Combat/operational stress reactions
This fact sheet provides information about extensively drug-resistant tuberculosis (XDR TB). It is also available in Spanish, Chinese, French, and Italian. This fact sheet answers the following questions:
- What is XDR TB?
- How is XDR TB spread?
- Why is XDR TB so serious?
- Who is at risk for getting XDR TB?
- How can I prevent myself from getting TB?
- Can the TB vaccine (BCG) help prevent XDR TB?
- If I have regular (drug-susceptible) TB, how...
The National Registry of Evidence-based Programs and Practices (NREPP) is a searchable database of interventions for the prevention and treatment of mental and substance use disorders.
- Using NREPP
- History of NREPP and recent changes
- Types of interventions included in NREPP
- Mental health promotion
- Mental health treatment
- Substance abuse prevention
- Substance abuse treatment
- Co-occurring disorders
- What is...
This tool for patients provides information about the psychological and social aspects of a cancer diagnosis.
This tool includes the following sections:
- Cancer will change your life
- Your feelings: Learning you have cancer
- Family matters
- Sharing your feelings about cancer
- Learning about your cancer and feeling more in control
- People helping people
- Dealing with a new self-image
- Living each day
This PDQ cancer information summary for health professionals provides comprehensive, peer-reviewed, evidence-based information about the treatment of childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL).
The summary includes the following information:
- Incidence and risk factors
- Cellular classification
- Prognostic variables
- Treatment options
- Treatment considerations for certain ALL childhood subgroups
This PDQ cancer information summary for health professionals provides comprehensive, peer-reviewed, evidence-based information about the classification and treatment of adult acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL).
This tool is organized into the following sections:
- General information about ALL
- Cellular classification
- Stage information
- Treatment option overview
- Standard treatment options for remission induction therapy ...