Disease or Clinical Category
Health professionals can use the Total Parenteral Nutrition Calculator to compute proper feeding amounts for children in the hospital.
The Total Parenteral Nutrition Calculator uses set rules and algorithms to produce a feeding plan and order sheets for newborns, and issues warnings if something is incorrect about the inputs or assumptions.
This information system for nutrition ordering:
- Checks dose ranges
- Ensures legible orders
- Ensures compliance with...
This pamphlet provides information on how to reduce alcohol consumption. It addresses the following topics:
- How to cut down on your drinking
- Steps to help you cut down on your drinking
- Write your reasons for cutting down or stopping
- Set a drinking goal
- Keep a “diary” of your drinking
- Tips to help you cut down
This tool suggests activities to help children, following exposure to a disaster or traumatic event, share recovery feelings and experiences at home.
This tool presents at-home interventions for parents to engage in with their children. Interventions are provided for children in the following age groups:
- Elementary age children
- Preadolescents and adolescents
This report describes the importance of physical activity in older adults and provides recommendations for physicians to help their older patients stay active.
Some topics addressed include:
- Prevalence of inactivity in older adults
- Costs of inactivity
- Health benefits of regular physical activity
- Recommended levels of physical activity in older adults
- Strategies to promote physical activity in older adults
- What can work to promote...
This wallet card explains what a speech-language pathologist is and lists questions about hearing loss that parents/guardians may want to ask their child’s speech-language pathologist.
This wallet card provides space for information about the speech-language pathologist and lists questions, which are organized in the following topic areas:
- Questions about speech and language therapy services for my/our child
- Questions to help our family and child at home and in...
This 64-page booklet, based on the Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension (DASH) research findings, tells about high blood pressure and how to follow the DASH eating plan to reduce the amount of sodium you consume. It offers tips on how to start and stay on the eating plan, as well as a week of menus and some recipes.
This booklet addresses the following topics:
- What is high blood pressure?
- Blood pressure levels for adults
- What is the DASH eating...
This 44-page toolkit provides information and tools to promote bone health to the media and to the community, as recommended in Bone Health and Osteoporosis: A Report of the Surgeon General .
The following topics are addressed in the outreach toolkit:
- Media outreach: Develop and implement a strategy for publicizing the Surgeon General’s report in the community
- Developing a media plan
- Media pitching 101
- How to develop media lists ...
This PDQ cancer information summary for health professionals provides comprehensive, peer-reviewed, evidence-based information about breast cancer screening.
Information about the following is included in this summary:
- Breast cancer incidence and mortality statistics and information about breast cancer risk factors
- Breast cancer screening modalities
- Benefits and harms of breast cancer screening
- Breast cancer screening in special populations...
This summary for health professionals provides comprehensive, peer-reviewed, evidence-based information about the treatment of colon cancer.
This summary addresses the following topics:
- General information
- Prognostic factors
- Risk factors
- Cellular classification
- Stage information
- TNM definitions
- American Joint Committee on Cancer (AJCC) stage groupings
This pocket guide on inpatient mental health care is derived from the evidence-based clinical practice guideline, Management of Major Depressive Disorder (MDD) in Adults, developed by the Department of Veterans Affairs and Department of Defense (VA/DoD). The guideline is intended to identify the critical decision points in management of patients with depressive conditions, such as assessment, empirically supported psychotherapies and pharmacological therapies, non-MDD conditions...