Disease or Clinical Category
This slideshow presentation summarizes the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)/College of American Pathologists (CAP) Guideline Recommendations for Human Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor 2 (HER2) Testing in Breast Cancer.
This slideshow contains 25 slides and is organized into the following sections:
- Guideline methodology
- Guideline questions
- Optimal testing algorithm for the assessment of HER2 status
This guide describes cervical cancer, risk factors, prevention, diagnosis, and treatment options. It is organized into the following sections:
- What is it?
- Causes, risk factors, and prevention
- Early detection, diagnosis, and staging
- Treating cervical cancer
- Talking with your doctor
- More information
This summary provides patients with information about prostate cancer treatment.
This summary addresses the following topics:
- General information about prostate cancer
- Stages of prostate cancer
- Recurrent prostate cancer
- Treatment option overview
- Treatment options by stage
- Treatment options for recurrent prostate cancer
This Web site provides consumer-oriented brochures on hepatitis A, B, and C in a variety of languages.
This site includes the following brochures:
- Prevent hepatitis A
- Viral hepatitis integration for HIV prevention community planners brochure
- Protect your baby for life from hepatitis B
- Hepatitis B and you
- Living with chronic hepatitis B
- Prevent hepatitis B
- What every injection drug user should know
- Hepatitis C…...
This pamphlet provides information on how to reduce alcohol consumption. It addresses the following topics:
- How to cut down on your drinking
- Steps to help you cut down on your drinking
- Write your reasons for cutting down or stopping
- Set a drinking goal
- Keep a “diary” of your drinking
- Tips to help you cut down
This tool suggests activities to help children, following exposure to a disaster or traumatic event, share recovery feelings and experiences at home.
This tool presents at-home interventions for parents to engage in with their children. Interventions are provided for children in the following age groups:
- Elementary age children
- Preadolescents and adolescents
This wallet card explains what a speech-language pathologist is and lists questions about hearing loss that parents/guardians may want to ask their child’s speech-language pathologist.
This wallet card provides space for information about the speech-language pathologist and lists questions, which are organized in the following topic areas:
- Questions about speech and language therapy services for my/our child
- Questions to help our family and child at home and in...
This online resource guide provides patient information about glaucoma. It answers questions about causes and symptoms and discusses diagnosis and types of treatment.
This resource guide includes the following information:
- Glaucoma defined
- Causes and risk factors
- Symptoms and detection
- Current research
- More information
The purpose of the National Maternal and Child Oral Health Resource Center (OHRC) is to respond to the needs of States and communities in addressing current and emerging public oral health issues. OHRC supports health professionals, program administrators, educators, policymakers, and others with the goal of improving oral health services for infants, children, adolescents, and their families. The resource center collaborates with Federal, State, and local agencies; national and State...
This 44-page toolkit provides information and tools to promote bone health to the media and to the community, as recommended in Bone Health and Osteoporosis: A Report of the Surgeon General .
The following topics are addressed in the outreach toolkit:
- Media outreach: Develop and implement a strategy for publicizing the Surgeon General’s report in the community
- Developing a media plan
- Media pitching 101
- How to develop media lists ...