Disease or Clinical Category
This educational guide provides patients with information about the American Society of Clinical Oncology/College of American Pathologists Guideline Recommendations for Human Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor 2 (HER2) Testing in Breast Cancer.
The guide includes the following sections:
- What this means for patients
- Questions to ask the doctor
- Helpful links
This wallet card explains what a speech-language pathologist is and lists questions about hearing loss that parents/guardians may want to ask their child’s speech-language pathologist.
This wallet card provides space for information about the speech-language pathologist and lists questions, which are organized in the following topic areas:
- Questions about speech and language therapy services for my/our child
- Questions to help our family and child at home and in...
This study examines conformance of current patterns of usual care for persons with schizophrenia with the Schizophrenia Patient Outcomes Research Team (PORT) treatment recommendations. The PORT surveyed a stratified random sample of 719 persons diagnosed with schizophrenia. Findings indicate that current usual treatment practices likely fall substantially short of what would be recommended based on the best evidence on treatment efficacy.
Treatment recommendations discussed encompass...
This 44-page toolkit provides information and tools to promote bone health to the media and to the community, as recommended in Bone Health and Osteoporosis: A Report of the Surgeon General .
The following topics are addressed in the outreach toolkit:
- Media outreach: Develop and implement a strategy for publicizing the Surgeon General’s report in the community
- Developing a media plan
- Media pitching 101
- How to develop media lists ...
This wallet card presents the eight key points health care practitioners should follow regarding the diagnosis and management of dyslipidemia.
This summary for health professionals provides comprehensive, peer-reviewed, evidence-based information about the treatment of colon cancer.
This summary addresses the following topics:
- General information
- Prognostic factors
- Risk factors
- Cellular classification
- Stage information
- TNM definitions
- American Joint Committee on Cancer (AJCC) stage groupings
This tool presents some signs and symptoms of serious health conditions, which should be checked by a doctor or nurse including:
- Signs of a heart attack
- Signs of a stroke
- Symptoms of reproductive health problems
- Symptoms of breast problems
- Symptoms of lung problems
- Symptoms of stomach or digestive problems
- Symptoms of bladder problems
- Symptoms of skin problems
- Symptoms of muscle or joint problems
- Symptoms of...
This pocket guide on inpatient mental health care is derived from the evidence-based clinical practice guideline, Management of Major Depressive Disorder (MDD) in Adults, developed by the Department of Veterans Affairs and Department of Defense (VA/DoD). The guideline is intended to identify the critical decision points in management of patients with depressive conditions, such as assessment, empirically supported psychotherapies and pharmacological therapies, non-MDD conditions...
The National Kidney Disease Education Program (NKDEP) is an initiative of the National Institutes of Health, designed to reduce the morbidity and mortality caused by kidney disease and its complications.
NKDEP aims to raise awareness of the seriousness of kidney disease, the importance of testing those at high risk (those with diabetes, high blood pressure, or a family history of kidney failure), and the availability of treatment to prevent or slow kidney failure.
This 75-page resource guide by ECRI provides in-depth information on bulimia nervosa and treatment to help families and friends support someone with the disorder.
This guide addresses the following questions:
- What is bulimia nervosa?
- Who develops bulimia nervosa?
- What causes bulimia nervosa?
- What are the risk factors?
- What are the signs and symptoms of bulimia nervosa?
- How is bulimia nervosa diagnosed?
- Can bulimia nervosa be...