Disease or Clinical Category
This fact sheet answers the following common questions about chlamydia:
- What is chlamydia and how common is it?
- How do you get chlamydia?
- What are the symptoms of chlamydia?
- How is chlamydia diagnosed?
- Who should get tested for chlamydia?
- What is the treatment for chlamydia?
- What should I do if I have chlamydia?
- What health problems can result from untreated chlamydia?
- How can chlamydia be prevented?
- Links to...
This tool presents questions and answers addressing early stage breast cancer.
It covers the following breast cancer-related topics:
- Lobular vs. ductal carcinoma
- Side effects
- Breast reconstruction
- More information/links to other resources
This checklist offers interventions to increase overall compliance with hand hygiene guidelines in a health care setting.
The interventions on this checklist address the following areas:
- Making changes on the walls and countertops and in the supply closet
- Actions for infection control professionals, patient safety managers, quality managers, nurses, and supply personnel
- Required policies/rules/training/awareness
- Promoting culture change
This three-page guideline summary is a 2006 update of the American Society of Clinical Oncology’s (ASCO) recommendations for the use of antiemetics in oncology.
This guideline summary addresses the following topics:
- Chemotherapy-induced emesis
- Radiation-induced emesis
Three tables summarize the following topics:
- Antiemetic agents and regimens, emetic risk categories, special emetic problems, and radiation-induced emesis
- Emetic risk of...
This fact sheet can be used by health care providers to educate their patients about the importance of calcium consumption in children and teenagers.
This fact sheet is part of Milk Matters, a public health education campaign to promote calcium consumption among tweens and teens, especially during the ages of 11 to 15, a time of critical bone growth.
This fact sheet answers the following questions:
- How does pediatric bone...
This tool offers patients simple tips and suggestions on creating a successful weight loss plan. It includes the following:
- Tips on eating and engaging in physical activity in order to lose weight
- Self-administered questionnaire to determine the patient’s weight and health profile
These booklets provide information on psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis.
These booklets are divided into the following topics:
- About psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis
- Treating psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis
- Family and youth
The Surgeon General’s Call to Action to Prevent and Reduce Underage Drinking has tools needed to take action against underage drinking. It explains why underage alcohol use is a major public health and safety issue and the damage it can do. It also suggests ways to end underage drinking in communities and across the country.
This summary for health professionals provides comprehensive, peer-reviewed, evidence-based information about the treatment of breast cancer and pregnancy.
The summary addresses the following topics:
- Stage information
- Treatment option overview
- Other considerations for pregnancy and breast cancer
- Fetal consequences of maternal breast cancer
- Consequences of pregnancy in patients with a history...
These fact sheets are intended for use by people recently diagnosed with HIV infection or those who are considering starting HIV treatment. The fact sheets are designed as a series but may be used as stand-alone documents. Information in these fact sheets is based on Guidelines for the Use of Antiretroviral Agents in HIV-1-Infected Adults and Adolescents, developed by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Panel on Antiretroviral Guidelines for Adults and Adolescents....