Disease or Clinical Category
This 12-page patient education guide provides information for people with advanced (stage III/IV) lung cancer.
This guide addresses the following topics:
- Quality of life
- Managing pain
- Managing dyspnea
- Who will provide my health care?
- Hospice care
- Legal issues
- Talking with your doctors and other caregivers
- Organizations that can provide additional information or support
This guide teaches communities how to organize and implement the KidsWalk-to-School program, which aims to get children to walk and bicycle to and from school in groups accompanied by adults. This gives kids a chance to be more physically active, to practice safe pedestrian skills, and to learn more about their environment. At the same time, KidsWalk-to-School encourages people to change their neighborhoods for the better, working together, to make walking a safe and enjoyable part of...
This pocket guide is derived from the evidence-based clinical practice guideline Management of Post Traumatic Stress, developed by the Department of Veterans Affairs and Department of Defense. It focuses on the evaluation and triage of post-traumatic acute stress reaction (ASR).
This pocket guide addresses the following topics:
- Initial evaluation and triage (algorithm)
- ASR assessment
- ASR immediate needs
- ASR acute interventions...
This cancer information summary for health professionals provides comprehensive, peer-reviewed, evidence-based information about the treatment of skin cancer.
Information about the following is included in this summary:
- Clinical features
- Cellular classification
- Treatment options for different types of tumors
This pocket guide provides a flowchart of the three aspects of lipid-related care described in the clinical practice guideline on the management of dyslipidemia: screening, initiation of therapy, and followup treatment.
This fact sheet provides general information about avian influenza (bird flu) and about one type of bird flu, called avian influenza A (H5N1), that is infecting birds in Asia and has infected some humans.
This fact sheet addresses the following topics:
- Avian influenza (bird flu)
- Avian influenza in birds
- Human infection with avian influenza viruses
- Avian influenza A (H5N1)
- Avian influenza A (H5N1) outbreaks
- Human health risks...
The aim of this booklet is to provide accurate information about alcohol use and misuse by women of various ages.
The booklet addresses the following topics:
- Women and drinking
- How much is too much?
- Moderate drinking: Benefits and risks
- Heavy drinking
- Alcohol in women’s lives: Safe drinking over a lifetime
- Women in young and middle adulthood
- Older women
This guide describes cervical cancer, risk factors, prevention, diagnosis, and treatment options. It is organized into the following sections:
- What is it?
- Causes, risk factors, and prevention
- Early detection, diagnosis, and staging
- Treating cervical cancer
- Talking with your doctor
- More information
This Web page provides seven guidelines for preventing exposure to carbon monoxide in the home.
A PDF version of this tool can be downloaded in English, as well as the following languages:
- Haitian Creole
This Web site provides consumer-oriented brochures on hepatitis A, B, and C in a variety of languages.
This site includes the following brochures:
- Prevent hepatitis A
- Viral hepatitis integration for HIV prevention community planners brochure
- Protect your baby for life from hepatitis B
- Hepatitis B and you
- Living with chronic hepatitis B
- Prevent hepatitis B
- What every injection drug user should know
- Hepatitis C…...