This guide presents ways patients can ensure safe medication use for themselves and their family.
Topics addressed in this guide include:
- Receiving instructions for taking medications at the clinic, doctor’s office, and pharmacy
- Taking medications at home
- Taking medication in the hospital
- Handling a hospital or retail pharmacy medication error
- Teamwork pays off
This toolkit provides general guidelines for correct vaccine storage and handling. Specific recommendations for vaccine storage and handling procedures may vary among different State health department immunization programs. This toolkit does not replace these State health department policies but rather is meant to supplement them.
This toolkit is organized into the following sections:
- Cold chain
- Storage and handling plans
This interactive tool informs consumers about how some over-the-counter medicines may interact with prescription medicines.
The over-the-counter medications included are:
- Acid reducers
- Cough medicines
- Diet aids
- Nasal sprays
- Pain relievers
- Upset stomach/heartburn medicines
A legend is provided listing whether the selected medication has:
This brochure for women provides recommendations for taking medicines wisely.
This brochure addresses the following topics:
- Read the label
- Avoid problems
- Ask questions
- Keep a record of medicines you use
- List your prescription medicines