This tool offers patients simple tips and suggestions on creating a successful weight loss plan. It includes the following:
- Tips on eating and engaging in physical activity in order to lose weight
- Self-administered questionnaire to determine the patient’s weight and health profile
The Maternal and Child Health (MCH) Library is a virtual guide to MCH information. It offers a combination of MCH information compiled by library staff and pathways to the best MCH information available on other Web sites, from organizations and libraries.
The MCH Library publishes the MCH Alert; produces databases; develops knowledge paths, bibliographies, and other information resources; maintains this Web site to provide access to key MCH-related data and information; and promotes...
The Weight-control Information Network (WIN) is a national information service of the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK), National Institutes of Health (NIH). WIN was established in 1994 to provide health professionals and consumers with science-based information on obesity, weight control, and nutrition.
WIN provides the following resources:
- Publications: including fact sheets, brochures, article reprints, and conference and workshop...
This report describes the importance of physical activity in older adults and provides recommendations for physicians to help their older patients stay active.
Some topics addressed include:
- Prevalence of inactivity in older adults
- Costs of inactivity
- Health benefits of regular physical activity
- Recommended levels of physical activity in older adults
- Strategies to promote physical activity in older adults
- What can work to promote...
The VERB Web site offers many interactive features that will help “tweens” get active. It offers fun games, interesting facts, photo journals, and blogs.