Each year, Leapfrog gathers and reports information on hospital quality and patient safety efforts to help patients make informed decisions about where to receive hospital care. This tool provides a search function that patients can use to obtain information about hospitals in their area and to compare hospitals. Hospitals voluntarily submit the information shown on this site.
This tool provides the following information about hospitals:
- Computerized physician order...
The American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) convened an expert panel to conduct a systematic review of the literature available through February 2004 on the use of sentinel lymph node biopsy (SNB) in early-stage breast cancer. This three-page tool summarizes the guideline recommendations developed by ASCO.
This guideline summary addresses the following topics:
- How should the results of SNB be utilized in clinical practice? Can full axillary lymph...
This table provides the American Society of Clinical Oncology’s previous and current recommendations for the initial hormonal management of androgen-sensitive metastatic, recurrent, or progressive prostate cancer.
This table provides the previous (2004) and current (2007) recommendations for the following topics:
- Is combined androgen blockade better than castration alone?
- Does early androgen deprivation therapy (ADT) improve outcomes over deferred therapy?
This fact sheet presents highlights of the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) recommendations on screening for obesity in adults.
Topics addressed include:
- What does the USPSTF recommend?
- Overweight or obese?
- What is the role of clinicians?
- What are the characteristics of effective interventions?
- Are effective interventions equally effective for everyone?
- What are the roles of medications and surgery?
This 186-page chartbook is based on a broad review of recently published studies and reports, conducted to present a coherent picture of the quality of health care for elderly Medicare beneficiaries living in the community. The results are presented in 60 charts.
The topics in this chartbook are presented as follows:
- Summary and highlights
- Overview: Progress, gaps, and variations
- Challenges in measuring quality for the elderly population...
This slideshow summarizes the guideline recommendations developed by the American Society of Clinical Oncology on the use of sentinel lymph node biopsy (SNB) in early-stage breast cancer.
This slideshow addresses the following topics:
- Guideline methodology
- Guideline questions
- Can full axillary lymph node dissection be avoided in patients with negative findings on SNB?
- Is full axillary lymph node dissection necessary for all patients...
This cancer information summary for health professionals provides comprehensive, peer-reviewed, evidence-based information about ovarian cancer prevention.
Information about the following is included in this summary:
- Ovarian cancer incidence and mortality statistics and information about ovarian cancer risk factors
- Interventions for ovarian cancer prevention
This fact sheet offers tips to help protect patients from infections in the hospital.
Tips on this fact sheet are divided into the following categories:
- Planning ahead for surgery
- While in the hospital following surgery
This pamphlet will help patients understand what will happen before they undergo surgery.
This pamphlet describes what patients can expect during the following time frames:
- Days to a couple of hours before the surgery
- An hour, or less, before the surgery
- Just before surgery begins
This slideshow summarizes the American Society of Clinical Oncology’s (ASCO’s) guidelines for the surveillance of patients following treatment for stage II or III colorectal cancer.
This slideshow presents information in the following categories:
- Benefits from the resection of metastatic colorectal cancer
- Guideline methodology
- 2005 categories of recommendations for colorectal cancer surveillance
- History and physical and risk...