This assessment tool can be used for any health care environment to measure its health against the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses (AACN) Standards for Establishing and Sustaining Healthy Work Environments. These standards identify the systemic behaviors that maintain patient safety, ensure optimal outcomes, and support excellence in nursing practice.
The AACN Healthy Work Environment Assessment provides:
- A baseline measurement of how an organization...
This toolkit serves as a resource for practice and educational institutions/organizations implementing the Clinical Nurse Leader into their care delivery systems. Elements of the toolkit are organized around Kotter’s (1996) eight stages of change:
- Establishing a sense of urgency
- Creating the guiding coalition
- Developing a vision and strategy
- Communicating the change vision
- Empowering broad-based action
- Generating short-term wins ...
The Nurse Manager Inventory Tool captures the skills and behaviors that are envisioned for the successful nurse manager. This inventory allows the nurse manager to perform a self-evaluation that can be paired with the nurse manager’s supervisor’s assessment to create an individualized professional development plan. The inventory is based on the three domain model initially developed by three national nursing associations:
- The Science: Managing the business
- The Art:...
This learning unit consists of videos of mini-lectures that are designed to educate nursing students about integrating primary and mental health care services.
This course includes the following videos:
- Welcome and Introduction to Nurse Managed Health Centers and Integrated Health Care
- Overview and Cultural Considerations
- Integrated Care
- Coordinating Integrated Care: System Issues and Community Resources
AskDrWiki.com is a Web site designed to provide health information for physicians, nurses, and medical students. The site provides a source of reliable medical information that is easy to access on the Internet. The information published on the site is not meant to supersede medical training but to serve as an online repository of medical review articles for medical professionals.
At AskDrWiki.com, registered providers can publish review articles, clinical notes, pearls, and medical...
TMF Health Quality Institute developed this toolkit to help nursing home staff move from an institutional care model to a more individualized care model. It includes educational materials, change ideas, and much more to facilitate this culture change journey.
TMF Health Quality Institute has developed this toolkit to help nursing home staff limit the use of physical restraints.
Some of the resources included are:
- Restraint-free days tool
- Side rail utilization assessment
- Fall prevention: Avoid these drugs in the elderly
- Restraint evaluation worksheet/data collection tool
- Progress toward restraint reduction worksheet and instructions
- Quality improvement workbook
The Modified Early Warning System (MEWS) is a tool for nurses to help monitor their patients and improve how quickly a patient experiencing a sudden decline receives clinical care. The color-banded patient chart gives a visual cue as to when to calculate a MEWS score.
Scoring is based on:
- Respiratory rate
- Heart rate
- Systolic blood pressure
- Conscious level
- Hourly urine output (for previous 2 hours)
This comprehensive handbook for nurses examines the broad range of issues involved in providing high-quality and safe care across health care settings.
It addresses the following topics:
- Patient safety and quality
- Evidence-based practice
- Patient-centered care
- Working conditions and the work environment for nurses
- Critical opportunities for patient safety and quality improvement
- Tools for quality improvement and patient safety...
Try This is a series of assessment tools where each issue focuses on a topic specific to the older adult population. The content is directed to orient and encourage all nurses to understand the special needs of older adults and to utilize the highest standards of practice in caring for the elderly. Each “Try This” issue is a two-page document with a description of why the topic is important when caring for older patients on the first page, and an assessment tool that can be administered in...