These slides are an education tool that provides accurate information on the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of fetal alcohol spectrum disorders (FASD).
These slides present the following information:
- Understanding FASD
- FASD facts
- Cause of FASD
- FASD and alcohol
- Alcohol and women
- FASD and the brain
- Number of people with an FASD
- Prevention and risk reduction
- Prevention is the...
This toolkit provides a variety of tools for primary care practice teams to deliver coordinated, integrated, and multidisciplinary services to both prevent obesity and improve care for children who are already overweight or at risk for being overweight.
This toolkit includes a section with parenting tips and patient education tools as well as the following sections for providers:
- Assessment and diagnosis
- Management and treatment - Office
This booklet was created to help children and their families feel more at ease with the organ transplantation process by providing general information in an understandable format.
This booklet addresses the following topics:
- What is an organ?
- What do organs do?
- Where do organs come from?
- Your transplant team
- Questions you may have
- When it is your turn to receive a new organ
- When you go home
- If you’ve had to miss school...
This chartbook is the first comprehensive national report on the quality of pediatric care. The researchers reviewed over 500 studies and synthesized this information into 40 charts that provide a portrait of the current state of pediatric health care.
The chartbook finds dramatic progress in some areas–such as reductions in hospital-acquired infections in pediatric intensive care units–and serious challenges in many others–such as gaps in preventive care and developmental services. It...
This 66-page toolkit describes the experiences of 11 Medicaid managed care organizations in developing, pilot testing, and refining a Best Clinical and Administrative Practices (BCAP) initiative to improve early childhood screening and anticipatory guidance, with an emphasis on preventive pediatric care.
This toolkit addresses the following topics:
- Enhancing child development services in Medicaid managed care
- Enhancing child development services using the BCAP...
This Web site contains concepts, tips, and tools for evaluating the quality of health care for children. This online resource can help to answer the following (and related) questions about measuring health care quality in child health programs:
- How can you tell whether children are receiving quality health care?
- How do you know when a health program is functioning effectively?
- Where can you find tools to help answer these questions?
- If the right tool is not...
The American Academy of Neurology guideline summary provides patients and their families with information about tests that help physicians identify the cause of status epilepticus in children.
The guideline summary is organized into the following sections:
- What is a seizure?
- What is status epilepticus (SE)?
- Diagnosing the cause of SE
- Laboratory tests
- Metabolic and genetic testing
This is a summary of the American Academy of Neurology (AAN) and Child Neurology Society’s (CNS) evidence-based guideline reviewing all available evidence on the assessment of the child with status epilepticus.
The guideline summary includes recommendations for determining the cause of status epilepticus in children including:
- Assessment of laboratory studies
- Assessment of metabolic and genetic testing
- Assessment of electroencephalography