Quality improvement strategies
Long-term care and other residential facilities can use this tool to self-assess the strengths and weaknesses of their pandemic influenza planning efforts.
This checklist is divided into the following sections:
- Structure for planning and decisionmaking
- Development of a written pandemic influenza plan
- Elements of an influenza pandemic plan
The National Registry of Evidence-based Programs and Practices (NREPP) is a searchable database of interventions for the prevention and treatment of mental and substance use disorders.
- Using NREPP
- History of NREPP and recent changes
- Types of interventions included in NREPP
- Mental health promotion
- Mental health treatment
- Substance abuse prevention
- Substance abuse treatment
- Co-occurring disorders
- What is...
Through this 4-week program, patients with complex care needs receive specific tools, are supported by a “transition coach,” and learn self-management skills to ensure their needs are met during the transition from hospital to home.
The tool kit includes the following:
- Intervention tools
- Protocol manual
- Discharge preparation checklist
- Personal health record
- Sample transition coach charting form
- Coach database
This planning tool helps hospitals predict the pattern of casualty severity and their capacity to provide care after a mass casualty event.
This tool includes the following sections:
- Predicting triage severity
- Predicting hospital capacity to care for critical casualties
- Predicting hospital capacity to care for noncritical casualties
This guide is an evidence-informed modular approach for assisting people in the immediate aftermath of disaster and terrorism, to reduce initial distress and to foster short- and long-term adaptive functioning. It is for use by mental health specialists, including first responders, incident command systems, primary and emergency health care providers, school crisis response teams, faith-based organizations, disaster relief organizations, Community Emergency Response Teams, Medical Reserve...
The SBAR (Situation-Background-Assessment-Recommendation) technique and tools provide a framework for communication between members of the health care team about a patient’s condition. SBAR is an easy-to-remember, concrete mechanism for framing any conversation requiring a clinician’s immediate attention and action. Free registration and login are required to download the tool.
This tool includes two components:
- SBAR report to physician about a critical situation:...