This Microsoft ® Excel spreadsheet can be used to calculate the use of hand-sterilizing alcohol per 100 patient days as a means to evaluate and improve hand hygiene practices. The spreadsheet collects data on the use of wall-mounted and pocket-sized, alcohol-based hand rubs.
This spreadsheet allows users to collect the following information:
- Number of large cans or bottles used throughout unit
- Grams per large can or bottle used throughout unit...
This pamphlet will help patients understand what will happen before they undergo surgery.
This pamphlet describes what patients can expect during the following time frames:
- Days to a couple of hours before the surgery
- An hour, or less, before the surgery
- Just before surgery begins
The AIDS info Drug Database provides HIV/AIDS drug fact sheets for the drugs most commonly used to treat patients with HIV/AIDS. The database includes fact sheets for both Food and Drug Administration-approved and investigational drugs. For each drug, patient, health professional, and Spanish versions are available. All three include links to an audio file of the correct pronunciation, as well as a link to additional sources of information about the drug.
Patient versions of...
The On-Time Quality Improvement for Long-Term Care program is designed to improve day-to-day practice in nursing homes, improve and redesign workflow, enrich work culture, and reduce pressure ulcers.
The program contains the following tools available for download:
- Frequently asked questions
- Case studies
- Sample weekly monitoring reports
- Process improvement discussion guide
- Quick tips for clinical reports
- Sample certified...
This brochure offers information to help patients recovering from a suicide attempt move ahead after their treatment in the emergency department and provides resources for more information about suicide and mental illness.
This brochure addresses the following topics:
- After the emergency department
- Next steps: moving ahead and coping with future thoughts of suicide
- Create a safety plan
- Build a support system
- Learn to live again
This slide set “Hand Hygiene in Healthcare Settings - Core” and accompanying speaker notes provide an overview of the Guideline for Hand Hygiene in Healthcare Settings published in 2002.
This slide presentation addresses the following hand hygiene topics:
- So why all the fuss about hand hygiene?
- Evidence of relationship between hand hygiene and health care-associated infections
- Hand hygiene adherence in hospitals
The Oregon Heart Failure GAP (Guidelines Applied in Practice) Toolkit contains a variety of tools, some for clinicians treating patients suffering from heart failure, and others for heart failure patients themselves.
- Clinician tools:
- Clinician guide to heart failure treatment - For primary care clinicians
- Tips for increasing effectiveness of interactions with patients
- Sample heart failure visit template
- Patient tools:
- How to care...
This series of fact sheets discusses some of the major side effects of anti-HIV medications. The information in this series is based on the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Guidelines for the Use of Antiretroviral Agents in HIV-1-Infected Adults and Adolescents and Management of Metabolic Complications Associated with Antiretroviral Therapy for HIV-1 Infection: Recommendations of an International AIDS Society-USA Panel.
These fact sheets address...
This 454-page pocket guide is intended as a source of general industrial hygiene information for workers, employers, and occupational health professionals. It presents key information and data in abbreviated tabular form for 677 chemicals or substance groupings found in the work environment.
The pocket guide includes the following:
- Chemical names, synonyms, trade names, conversion factors, Chemical Abstracts Service, Registry of Toxic Effects of Chemical Substances, and...
This brochure, developed for college peer educators and resident advisors, contains highlights from the report, A Call to Action: Changing the Culture of Drinking at U.S. Colleges . It can be used to help this group understand the extent of the problem of college drinking, speak knowledgeably about it, and be proactive in taking steps to address it at their schools.
Topics addressed in this brochure include:
- A snapshot of annual high-risk college drinking...