This Microsoft ® Excel spreadsheet can be used to calculate the use of hand-sterilizing alcohol per 1000 patient days as a means to evaluate and improve hand hygiene practices. The spreadsheet collects data on the use of wall-mounted and pocket-sized, alcohol-based hand rubs.
This spreadsheet allows users to collect the following information:
- Number of large cans or bottles used throughout unit
- Grams per large can or bottle used throughout unit...
Health professionals can use the Total Parenteral Nutrition Calculator to compute proper feeding amounts for children in the hospital.
The Total Parenteral Nutrition Calculator uses set rules and algorithms to produce a feeding plan and order sheets for newborns, and issues warnings if something is incorrect about the inputs or assumptions.
This information system for nutrition ordering:
- Checks dose ranges
- Ensures legible orders
- Ensures compliance with...
This document is intended for occupational health professionals and other clinicians who are responsible for physical and mental health oversight of workers who have deployed or worked in hurricane disaster response. This tool offers guidance for screening workers who may have been exposed to potential work-related adverse health consequences as a result of working in unclean or unstable work environments, such as hurricane recovery areas.
This tool addresses the following topics:...
This Web site presents questions for patients to ask their doctor, nurse, and/or pharmacist when prescribed a medication.
Some topics addressed include:
- Generic medications
- Potential side effects
- Issues to discuss with doctor about new prescriptions
This data query tool provides immediate access to the National Survey of Children’s Health data, as well as resources and assistance for interpreting and reporting findings. The interactive data query can be used to search and compare survey results for a State, the Nation, or subgroups of children.
The interactive data query allows users to search on the following topics:
- Child health measures—More than 60 measures of child health and well-being derived from the survey, in...
For those who are not immunized against the flu, this tool presents three suggestions to help reduce the chances of getting the illness.
This checklist offers interventions to increase overall compliance with hand hygiene guidelines in a health care setting.
The interventions on this checklist address the following areas:
- Making changes on the walls and countertops and in the supply closet
- Actions for infection control professionals, patient safety managers, quality managers, nurses, and supply personnel
- Required policies/rules/training/awareness
- Promoting culture change
The National Rehabilitation Information Center (NARIC) provides many publications produced by staff members or by other National Institute on Disability and Rehabilitation Research (NIDRR) grantees intended for use by the public.
Publications from this tool are organized as follows:
- RehabWire: A semi-monthly newsletter featuring NIDRR research projects and documents on specific topics
- NARIC information brochures: 10 free brochures listing librarian-...
Patients can use this form to keep track of all their medicines and supplements. Patients are encouraged to show it to their doctors and pharmacist at each visit and ask them to check for unnecessary duplications or medicines that could interact to cause harm.
This form includes the following fields to be completed by the patient:
- Name of medicine or product
- How much do I take?
- When and how do I take it?
- Why do I take it?
This brochure offers suggestions for preventing falls at home.
The brochure addresses the following topics:
- Hallways and stairs