This tool was developed to give parents and caregivers information about testing for global developmental delay in children.
This tool addresses the following questions:
- How will the doctor notice any developmental delays?
- What causes global developmental delay?
- How will the doctor diagnose the cause of global developmental delay?
- Genetic, molecular, and metabolic tests
- Screening for other disorders
- Standard genetic testing (chromosome...
This three-page guideline summary is a 2006 update of the American Society of Clinical Oncology’s (ASCO) recommendations for the use of antiemetics in oncology.
This guideline summary addresses the following topics:
- Chemotherapy-induced emesis
- Radiation-induced emesis
Three tables summarize the following topics:
- Antiemetic agents and regimens, emetic risk categories, special emetic problems, and radiation-induced emesis
- Emetic risk of...
This risk assessment tool uses information from the Framingham Heart Study to predict a person’s chance of having a heart attack in the next 10 years. This tool is designed for adults aged 20 and older who do not have heart disease or diabetes.
Patients may calculate their 10-year risk of having a heart attack by entering the following information into the tool:
- Total cholesterol
- High density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol
This toolkit was designed to assist health care settings in maximizing the potential of clinical practice guidelines (CPGs), through systematic and well-planned implementation. It was also designed to accompany the nursing best practice guidelines (NBPGs) developed by the Registered Nurses Association of Ontario (RNAO) in order to facilitate their implementation.
This toolkit presents the following information:
- Setting the stage
- Criteria for identifying a well-...
This program is an interactive tool to assist clinicians in determining the most appropriate care for newly diagnosed cases of community-acquired pneumonia (CAP) at the point of care. It will help calculate the severity index of a pneumonia patient. The output includes mortality rates and pneumonia class types.
- Application downloads for the Palm and Pocket PC
- Installation instructions
- Feedback and help
The Oregon Heart Failure GAP (Guidelines Applied in Practice) Toolkit contains a variety of tools, some for clinicians treating patients suffering from heart failure, and others for heart failure patients themselves.
- Clinician tools:
- Clinician guide to heart failure treatment - For primary care clinicians
- Tips for increasing effectiveness of interactions with patients
- Sample heart failure visit template
- Patient tools:
- How to care...
This slideshow presents a summary of the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) guidelines for progressive prostate cancer. The following topics are presented:
- Guideline methodology
- 2006 update recommendation questions
- Initial treatment options
Combined androgen blockade
Early use of androgen deprivation therapy...
This checklist is for providers treating patients with diabetes mellitus. It is based on the clinical practice guideline created by the Michigan Quality Improvement Consortium for the treatment of patients with diabetes mellitus, which applies to patients with type 1 and type 2 diabetes mellitus and recommends specific interventions for periodic medical assessment, laboratory tests, and education to guide effective patient self-management.
Providers may use this checklist to keep track...
This fact sheet presents highlights of the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) recommendations on screening for visual impairment in children younger than age 5 years.
Topic addressed include:
- What does the USPSTF recommend?
- What are the benefits of early detection of visual impairment?
- Which screening tests should clinicians use?
- What are the potential harms of screening?
- What treatments can improve visual acuity?
- What are...
This patient guide summarizes the American Society of Clinical Oncology’s guidelines for the use of sentinel lymph node biopsy (SNB) in patients with early-stage breast cancer.
This guide addresses the following topics:
- About SNB
- Axillary lymph node dissection
- What this means for patients
- Questions to ask your doctor