This Web-accessible database provides access to evidence-based clinical practice guidelines. The National Guideline Clearinghouse’s (NGC’s) mission is to provide physicians, nurses, health care providers and professionals, health plans, integrated delivery systems, purchasers, and others an accessible mechanism for obtaining objective, detailed information on clinical practice guidelines and to further their dissemination, implementation, and use.
Key components of NGC include:...
This slideshow presentation summarizes the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)/College of American Pathologists (CAP) Guideline Recommendations for Human Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor 2 (HER2) Testing in Breast Cancer.
This slideshow contains 25 slides and is organized into the following sections:
- Guideline methodology
- Guideline questions
- Optimal testing algorithm for the assessment of HER2 status
This wallet card presents the eight key points health care practitioners should follow regarding the diagnosis and management of dyslipidemia.
This educational guide provides patients with information about the American Society of Clinical Oncology/College of American Pathologists Guideline Recommendations for Human Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor 2 (HER2) Testing in Breast Cancer.
The guide includes the following sections:
- What this means for patients
- Questions to ask the doctor
- Helpful links
These algorithms are derived from the evidence-based clinical practice guideline, Management of Major Depressive Disorder (MDD) in Adults, developed by the Department of Veterans Affairs and Department of Defense (VA/DoD). The guideline is intended to identify the critical decision points in management of patients with depressive conditions, such as assessment, empirically supported psychotherapies and pharmacological therapies, non-major depressive disorder conditions deserving...
This fact sheet presents highlights of the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) recommendations on preventing dental caries in preschool children.
Topics addressed include:
- What does the USPSTF recommend?
- What should primary clinicians know?
- What forms of fluoride may be used to prevent dental caries?
- What are the potential harms of fluoride supplementation?
- More information
This six-page guideline summary is a 2006 update of the American Society of Clinical Oncology’s (ASCO) recommendations for the use of white blood cell growth factors.
This guideline summary addresses the following topics:
- Primary prophylactic colony-stimulating factor (CSF) administration
- Secondary prophylactic CSF administration
- Therapeutic use of CSF
- Use of CSF to increase chemotherapy dose intensity and dose density
- Use of CSF as adjuncts...
This Web site is a one-stop gateway to school food safety information and resources. It includes the following information:
Action Guide Tools: Use the tools to launch and build support for food-safe school programs, such as a how-to guide and video, motivational PowerPoint(r) presentation and administrator’s briefing brochure, and topical in-depth modules
Assess: Assess your school’s food safety strengths and weaknesses and develop a plan for improvement using the Food-Safe...
This fact sheet presents highlights of the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) recommendations on screening for prostate cancer.
Topics addressed include:
- Does the USPSTF recommend prostate cancer screening?
- How effective is prostate cancer screening?
- What are the potential harms of prostate cancer screening?
- How effective is prostate cancer treatment?
- What are the potential harms of prostate cancer treatment?
- What should...
This flow sheet, derived from the 2006 update of an American Society of Clinical Oncology guideline, provides a tool for documenting the rationale and details for administration of white blood cell growth factors (colony-stimulating factors).
This flow sheet enables providers to record the following information:
- Patient information
- Justification for use
- Primary administration (preventive)
- Secondary administration (preventive)
- Therapeutic use...