This slideshow presents a summary of the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) guidelines for progressive prostate cancer. The following topics are presented:
- Guideline methodology
- 2006 update recommendation questions
- Initial treatment options
Combined androgen blockade
Early use of androgen deprivation therapy...
This checklist is for providers treating patients with diabetes mellitus. It is based on the clinical practice guideline created by the Michigan Quality Improvement Consortium for the treatment of patients with diabetes mellitus, which applies to patients with type 1 and type 2 diabetes mellitus and recommends specific interventions for periodic medical assessment, laboratory tests, and education to guide effective patient self-management.
Providers may use this checklist to keep track...
This program is an interactive tool to assist clinicians in determining the most appropriate care for newly diagnosed cases of community-acquired pneumonia (CAP) at the point of care. It will help calculate the severity index of a pneumonia patient. The output includes mortality rates and pneumonia class types.
- Application downloads for the Palm and Pocket PC
- Installation instructions
- Feedback and help
The Oregon Heart Failure GAP (Guidelines Applied in Practice) Toolkit contains a variety of tools, some for clinicians treating patients suffering from heart failure, and others for heart failure patients themselves.
- Clinician tools:
- Clinician guide to heart failure treatment - For primary care clinicians
- Tips for increasing effectiveness of interactions with patients
- Sample heart failure visit template
- Patient tools:
- How to care...
This booklet presents science-based advice of the Dietary Guidelines for Americans .
It addresses the following topics:
- Feeling better today; staying healthy for tomorrow
- Making smart choices from every food group
- Mixing up your choices within each food group
- Finding your balance between food and physical activity
- Getting the most nutrition out of your calories
- Nutrition facts
- Playing it safe with food...
This key points card on outpatient mental health care is derived from the evidence-based clinical practice guideline, Management of Major Depressive Disorder (MDD) in Adults, developed by the Department of Veterans Affairs and Department of Defense (VA/DoD). The guideline is intended to identify the critical decision points in management of patients with depressive conditions, such as assessment, empirically supported psychotherapies and pharmacological therapies, non-MDD...
This fact sheet presents highlights of the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) recommendations on screening for visual impairment in children younger than age 5 years.
Topic addressed include:
- What does the USPSTF recommend?
- What are the benefits of early detection of visual impairment?
- Which screening tests should clinicians use?
- What are the potential harms of screening?
- What treatments can improve visual acuity?
- What are...
This patient guide summarizes the American Society of Clinical Oncology’s guidelines for the use of sentinel lymph node biopsy (SNB) in patients with early-stage breast cancer.
This guide addresses the following topics:
- About SNB
- Axillary lymph node dissection
- What this means for patients
- Questions to ask your doctor
This algorithm for psychoses and schizophrenia treatment is derived from the evidence-based clinical practice guideline, Management of Psychoses, developed by the Department of Veterans Affairs and Department of Defense (VA/DoD). It is intended to provide a systematic approach to the evaluation and management of patients with psychoses/schizophrenia.
The tool addresses the following:
- Strategies for treatment
- Followup and monitoring
- Use of...
This key points card on inpatient mental health care is derived from the evidence-based clinical practice guideline, Management of Major Depressive Disorder (MDD) in Adults, developed by the Department of Veterans Affairs and Department of Defense (VA/DoD). The guideline is intended to identify the critical decision points in management of patients with depressive conditions, such as assessment, empirically supported psychotherapies and pharmacological therapies, non-MDD conditions...