This slide set “Hand Hygiene in Healthcare Settings - Core” and accompanying speaker notes provide an overview of the Guideline for Hand Hygiene in Healthcare Settings published in 2002.
This slide presentation addresses the following hand hygiene topics:
- So why all the fuss about hand hygiene?
- Evidence of relationship between hand hygiene and health care-associated infections
- Hand hygiene adherence in hospitals
This 18-page guideline summary is derived from the evidence-based clinical practice guideline, Management of Medically Unexplained Symptoms: Chronic Pain and Fatigue, developed by the Department of Veterans Affairs and Department of Defense. It is intended to:
- Promote efficient and effective assessment of patients’ complaints
- Identify the critical decision points in management of patients with medically unexplained symptoms: chronic pain and fatigue
This is a summary of the American Academy of Neurology and Child Neurology Society guideline on screening and diagnosis for autism. This practice parameter reviews the available empirical evidence and gives specific recommendations for the identification of children with autism.
This summary addresses the following:
- Routine developmental surveillance and screening specifically for autism
- Diagnosis and evaluation of autism
This slideshow summarizes the guideline recommendations developed by the American Society of Clinical Oncology on the use of sentinel lymph node biopsy (SNB) in early-stage breast cancer.
This slideshow addresses the following topics:
- Guideline methodology
- Guideline questions
- Can full axillary lymph node dissection be avoided in patients with negative findings on SNB?
- Is full axillary lymph node dissection necessary for all patients...
This guide provides patients with information about the American Society of Clinical Oncology’s 2006 Update of Recommendations for the Use of Tumor Markers in Gastrointestinal Cancer. This guide is organized into the following sections:
- What This Means for Patients
- Questions to Ask the Doctor
- Helpful Links and Resources
The American Academy of Neurology guideline summary provides patients and their families with information about tests that help physicians identify the cause of status epilepticus in children.
The guideline summary is organized into the following sections:
- What is a seizure?
- What is status epilepticus (SE)?
- Diagnosing the cause of SE
- Laboratory tests
- Metabolic and genetic testing
This is a summary of the American Academy of Neurology (AAN) and Child Neurology Society’s (CNS) evidence-based guideline reviewing all available evidence on the assessment of the child with status epilepticus.
The guideline summary includes recommendations for determining the cause of status epilepticus in children including:
- Assessment of laboratory studies
- Assessment of metabolic and genetic testing
- Assessment of electroencephalography