This algorithm is derived from the evidence-based clinical practice guideline, Management of Diabetes Mellitus, developed by the Department of Veterans Affairs and Department of Defense (VA/DoD). It is intended to:
- Promote evidence-based management of individuals with diabetes
- Identify the critical decision points in management of patients with diabetes mellitus, such as glycemic control, evaluation of the eyes and feet, and co-morbid conditions (e.g....
This fact sheet presents highlights of the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) recommendations on screening for osteoporosis in postmenopausal women.
Topics addressed include:
- Why is screening for osteoporosis in postmenopausal women important?
- Who is at risk for osteoporosis?
- What does the USPSTF recommend?
- What screening tests are available?
- What treatments are available?
- How do the current recommendations differ from those...
This toolkit will help providers apply the Cross-Cultural Clinical Practice Guidelines, which were written for primary care practitioners serving racially, ethnically, and linguistically diverse Medicaid populations in various outpatient settings. It introduces the fundamentals of cross-cultural practice and offers steps and processes essential to delivering high-quality care to culturally diverse populations.
The toolkit includes the following sections:
- Introduction and...
This table provides the American Society of Clinical Oncology’s previous and current recommendations for the initial hormonal management of androgen-sensitive metastatic, recurrent, or progressive prostate cancer.
This table provides the previous (2004) and current (2007) recommendations for the following topics:
- Is combined androgen blockade better than castration alone?
- Does early androgen deprivation therapy (ADT) improve outcomes over deferred therapy?
This Microsoft ® Excel spreadsheet can be used to calculate the use of hand-sterilizing alcohol per 100 patient days as a means to evaluate and improve hand hygiene practices. The spreadsheet collects data on the use of wall-mounted and pocket-sized, alcohol-based hand rubs.
This spreadsheet allows users to collect the following information:
- Number of large cans or bottles used throughout unit
- Grams per large can or bottle used throughout unit...
This pocket guide is derived from the evidence-based clinical practice guideline Management of Post Traumatic Stress, developed by the Department of Veterans Affairs and Department of Defense. It focuses on the evaluation and triage of post-traumatic acute stress reaction (ASR).
This pocket guide addresses the following topics:
- Initial evaluation and triage (algorithm)
- ASR assessment
- ASR immediate needs
- ASR acute interventions...
This tool is a summary of the American Academy of Neurology’s guideline evaluating whether magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) can predict probable conversion to clinically definite multiple sclerosis (MS) in patients presenting with a syndrome consistent with inflammatory demyelination.
The summary addresses the following topics:
- Evidence for using MRI for early diagnosis of MS
- Diagnostic considerations in patients with suspected MS and/or MRI white matter...
The American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) convened an expert panel to conduct a systematic review of the literature available through February 2004 on the use of sentinel lymph node biopsy (SNB) in early-stage breast cancer. This three-page tool summarizes the guideline recommendations developed by ASCO.
This guideline summary addresses the following topics:
- How should the results of SNB be utilized in clinical practice? Can full axillary lymph...
This slide set provides an overall summary of the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) 2006 clinical practice guideline update of recommendations for the use of tumor markers in gastrointestinal cancer.
This guide provides patients with information about the American Society of Clinical Oncology’s 2006 Update of Recommendations for the Use of Tumor Markers in Gastrointestinal Cancer. This guide is organized into the following sections:
- What This Means for Patients
- Questions to Ask the Doctor
- Helpful Links and Resources