This guide provides information about eating fish to women who are or may become pregnant, or are nursing.
This tool presents the following information:
- Fish not to eat
- Fish to eat (up to 1 serving [6 ounces] per week)
- Fish to eat (Up to 2 servings [12 ounces] per week)
- Checking before eating fish caught in local waters
- Eating a variety of small, young, non-fatty fish
These slides are an education tool that provides accurate information on the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of fetal alcohol spectrum disorders (FASD).
These slides present the following information:
- Understanding FASD
- FASD facts
- Cause of FASD
- FASD and alcohol
- Alcohol and women
- FASD and the brain
- Number of people with an FASD
- Prevention and risk reduction
- Prevention is the...
This tool kit includes information and tools to help physicians diagnose and manage concussion.
This tool kit includes:
- A booklet with information on diagnosis and management of mild traumatic brain injuries (MTBI)
- A patient assessment tool (Acute Concussion Evaluation or ACE)
- A care plan to help guide patient’s recovery
- Fact sheets in English and Spanish on preventing concussion
- A palm card for the on-field management of sports-related...
This 40-page guide, written for primary care and mental health clinicians, provides information for incorporating alcohol screening and intervention into clinical practice. The guide addresses two methods for screening: a single question (about heavy drinking days) to be used during a clinical interview and a written self-report instrument.
This guide addresses the following topics:
- What’s the same, what’s new in the 2005 update
- Before you begin...
This cancer treatment information summary provides an overview of the diagnosis, classification, treatment, and prognosis of childhood brain tumors. It is available in both English and Spanish.
This guide is organized into the following sections:
- General information
- Cellular classification
- Stage information
- Treatment option overview
- Childhood medulloblastoma
- Childhood cerebellar astrocytoma
This patient education guide provides information for people diagnosed with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF). The information presented will help patients understand their condition in order to cope with the effects that the disease has on their body.
This patient education guide addresses the following topics:
- What is IPF?
- Symptoms of IPF
- What are the causes of IPF?
- Who gets IPF?
- How is IPF diagnosed?
- Treatment for IPF
This chart assists providers in estimating target dates for the followup of patients with rectal cancer. It is derived from recommendations in the 2005 Update of the American Society of Clinical Oncology's Colorectal Cancer Surveillance Guidelines.
This tool enables health care providers to document target and completed dates for 3 months to 5 years post-diagnosis for the following activities:
- Carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) testing (date/value)
- Counseling visit...
The National Kidney Disease Education Program (NKDEP) is an initiative of the National Institutes of Health, designed to reduce the morbidity and mortality caused by kidney disease and its complications.
NKDEP aims to raise awareness of the seriousness of kidney disease, the importance of testing those at high risk (those with diabetes, high blood pressure, or a family history of kidney failure), and the availability of treatment to prevent or slow kidney failure.
This fact sheet provides information about participating in an HIV/AIDS clinical trial.
This fact sheet addressing the following topics:
- What is an HIV/AIDS clinical trial?
- What is a clinical trial protocol?
- Benefits of participating in an HIV/AIDS clinical trial
- Risks of participating in an HIV/AIDS clinical trial
- What questions should I ask?
- How do I find more information about HIV/AIDS clinical trials?
This algorithm for the initial screening for psychoses is derived from the evidence-based clinical practice guideline, Management of Psychoses, developed by the Department of Veterans Affairs and Department of Defense (VA/DoD). It is intended to provide a systematic approach to the evaluation and management of patients with psychoses/schizophrenia.
The tool addresses the following:
- Brief intervention
- Referral considerations