This summary provides patients with information about treatment for different types of breast cancer.
The summary addresses the following topics:
- General information about breast cancer
- Stages of breast cancer
- Inflammatory breast cancer
- Recurrent breast cancer
- Treatment option overview
- Treatment options by stage
- Treatment options for inflammatory breast cancer
- Treatment options for recurrent breast...
The Headache Impact Test (HIT) helps patients communicate the severity of their headache pain to their health care provider.
This test helps providers to:
- Determine the impact headaches have on the patient’s life
- Track the patient’s headache history and the effectiveness of therapy over time
- Enhance communication between patient and provider
Registration is required to access the test.
This 18-page guideline summary is derived from the evidence-based clinical practice guideline, Management of Medically Unexplained Symptoms: Chronic Pain and Fatigue, developed by the Department of Veterans Affairs and Department of Defense. It is intended to:
- Promote efficient and effective assessment of patients’ complaints
- Identify the critical decision points in management of patients with medically unexplained symptoms: chronic pain and fatigue
This guide provides information about eating fish to women who are or may become pregnant, or are nursing.
This tool presents the following information:
- Fish not to eat
- Fish to eat (up to 1 serving [6 ounces] per week)
- Fish to eat (Up to 2 servings [12 ounces] per week)
- Checking before eating fish caught in local waters
- Eating a variety of small, young, non-fatty fish
This guide for people with HIV infection provides information about the prevention and treatment of Mycobacterium avium complex disease (MAC). This tool is also available in Spanish.
This guide addresses the following questions:
- What is MAC disease?
- Can children get MAC disease?
- What are the symptoms of MAC disease?
- How is MAC disease diagnosed?
- How do people get MAC disease?
- How can I avoid MAC disease?
This tool kit includes information and tools to help physicians diagnose and manage concussion.
This tool kit includes:
- A booklet with information on diagnosis and management of mild traumatic brain injuries (MTBI)
- A patient assessment tool (Acute Concussion Evaluation or ACE)
- A care plan to help guide patient’s recovery
- Fact sheets in English and Spanish on preventing concussion
- A palm card for the on-field management of sports-related...
This six-page fact sheet, part of the Stay in Circulation national awareness campaign, answers key questions about peripheral arterial disease (P.A.D.) and provides steps patients can take to reduce their risk.
This tool provides the following information:
- What is P.A.D.?
- What causes P.A.D.?
- What are the signs and symptoms of P.A.D.?
- How is P.A.D. diagnosed?
- Medical and family history
- Physical exam
- Diagnostic tests
This cancer treatment information summary provides an overview of the diagnosis, classification, treatment, and prognosis of childhood brain tumors. It is available in both English and Spanish.
This guide is organized into the following sections:
- General information
- Cellular classification
- Stage information
- Treatment option overview
- Childhood medulloblastoma
- Childhood cerebellar astrocytoma
This patient education guide provides information for people diagnosed with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF). The information presented will help patients understand their condition in order to cope with the effects that the disease has on their body.
This patient education guide addresses the following topics:
- What is IPF?
- Symptoms of IPF
- What are the causes of IPF?
- Who gets IPF?
- How is IPF diagnosed?
- Treatment for IPF
These slides are an education tool that provides accurate information on the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of fetal alcohol spectrum disorders (FASD).
These slides present the following information:
- Understanding FASD
- FASD facts
- Cause of FASD
- FASD and alcohol
- Alcohol and women
- FASD and the brain
- Number of people with an FASD
- Prevention and risk reduction
- Prevention is the...