The Diabetes Eye Examination Report is a one-page tool for medical providers to record eye examination results and plans of treatment for patients with diabetes.
This tool helps providers record the following information:
- Visual acuity
- Intraocular pressure
- Retinal examination findings
- Cataract limitations
- Glaucoma status
- Plans of treatment
This summary provides patients with information about prostate cancer treatment.
This summary addresses the following topics:
- General information about prostate cancer
- Stages of prostate cancer
- Recurrent prostate cancer
- Treatment option overview
- Treatment options by stage
- Treatment options for recurrent prostate cancer
This patient education guide provides information about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and important steps for better living for people diagnosed with the disease.
This guide addresses the following topics:
- Living well with COPD
- What is COPD?
- Inside your lungs
- How COPD affects the body
- Causes of COPD
- Symptoms of COPD
- Making the diagnosis
- Important steps for better living with COPD
This key points card is derived from the evidence-based clinical practice guideline, Management of Diabetes Mellitus, developed by the Department of Veterans Affairs and Department of Defense.
The key points card provides recommendations for diabetes screening and for preventive care measures for people with diabetes mellitus, in the following categories:
- Primary prevention
- Secondary prevention
- Tertiary prevention
- Health preventive...
This brochure presents information on preventing transient ischemic attacks (TIAs).
This brochure addresses the following questions:
- What are TIAs?
- What are the symptoms of TIAs?
- What are the different causes of TIAs?
- How is the cause of TIA diagnosed?
- How can TIAs be managed?
This tool is a table of available anti-HIV medications, showing brand, generic, and other names for each medication. By clicking on the name of the drug, the user can access the AIDSInfo fact sheet for the medication. The table and the fact sheets are available in both English and Spanish.
This Web page identifies drugs that prolong the QT interval and/or induce torsades de pointes ventricular arrhythmia.
This Web page provides links to view drug lists in the following categories:
- Drugs with risk of torsades de pointes
- Drugs with possible risk of torsades de pointes
- Drugs to be avoided by congenital long-QT patients
- Drugs unlikely to cause torsades de pointes
Each list can be sorted by brand or generic name. Drugs are listed...
These rack cards, available for home, office, or professional printing, advise mothers-to-be against drinking alcohol during their pregnancy. Rack cards are available in four styles and are available for download in color or black print.
This toolkit presents information about chronic dry eye.
This tool addresses the following topics:
- Job categories with workplace conditions most likely to aggravate dry eye
- Chronic dry eye overview
- What is chronic dry eye?
- What factors contribute to dry eye?
- How is chronic dry eye diagnosed?
- How can dry eye be treated?
- Fast facts
- Chronic dry eye: What women should know
The Headache Impact Test (HIT) helps patients communicate the severity of their headache pain to their health care provider.
This test helps providers to:
- Determine the impact headaches have on the patient’s life
- Track the patient’s headache history and the effectiveness of therapy over time
- Enhance communication between patient and provider
Registration is required to access the test.