This fact sheet addresses fetal alcohol spectrum disorders (FASD) and the importance of early diagnosis.
This fact sheet addresses the following topics:
- What are fetal alcohol spectrum disorders (FASD)?
- How can I recognize FASD?
- Why is diagnosis important?
- How is FASD detected?
- Where can I go for a diagnosis?
- How do I prepare for an assessment?
- What do I do with the results?
This calculator uses information from the Framingham Heart Study to estimate 10-year risk for “hard” coronary heart disease (CHD) outcomes (myocardial infarction and coronary death). This tool is designed to estimate risk in adults aged 20 and older who do not have heart disease or diabetes.
Clinicians can calculate patients’ 10-year risk of developing hard CHD by entering the following information into the tool:
This fact sheet provides answers to frequently asked questions about gonorrhea. It addresses the following topics:
- What is gonorrhea?
- How do you get gonorrhea?
- Who is at risk for gonorrhea?
- What are the symptoms of gonorrhea?
- Are there tests for gonorrhea?
- How is gonorrhea treated?
- What happens if gonorrhea isn’t treated?
- Can gonorrhea cause problems during pregnancy?
- How can I keep from getting gonorrhea?
Derived from the evidence-based clinical practice guideline Management of Dyslipidemia, developed by the Department of Veterans Affairs and Department of Defense, these algorithms will assist clinicians in screening, treating, and providing followup care for patients with dyslipidemia.
These algorithms include the following steps:
- Module A: Screening
- Module B: Initiation of therapy
- Module C: Followup treatment
This guide will take patients recently diagnosed with endometrial cancer through the basics of what they need to know about their treatment.
This guide addresses the following topics:
- Endometrial cancer: An overview
- Working with your treatment team
- Talking with your treatment team
- Radiation therapy
- Hormone therapy
- Living with cancer...
This one-page flow sheet assists providers in scheduling followup care for patients with colon cancer. It enables providers to record the following information:
- Date of diagnosis
- Dates and values of carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) testing
- Target dates for counseling visits, computed tomography (CT) scans, and colonoscopy
The National Digestive Diseases Information Clearinghouse (NDDIC) is an information dissemination service of the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK). NDDIC was established to increase knowledge and understanding about digestive diseases among people with these conditions and their families, health care professionals, and the general public. To carry out this mission, NDDIC works closely with a coordinating panel of representatives from Federal agencies,...
This 18-page booklet provides concise, disease-specific nutrition information for physicians caring for older adults with the following conditions:
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Congestive heart failure
- Coronary heart disease
- Diabetes mellitus
The guide provides nutritional screening parameters, treatment options, and outcome measures for...
This 79-page toolkit from the Center for Health Care Strategies offers a structured approach for addressing quality improvement in asthma care for health plans serving Medicaid members. This toolkit offers practical approaches for identifying common barriers to achieving better care for members with asthma, developing strategies to overcome these barriers, reviewing clinical and administrative strategies that other health plans have implemented, and measuring incremental and long-term change...
This patient education guide provides information for people diagnosed with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF). The information presented will help patients understand their condition in order to cope with the effects that the disease has on their body.
This patient education guide addresses the following topics:
- What is IPF?
- Symptoms of IPF
- What are the causes of IPF?
- Who gets IPF?
- How is IPF diagnosed?
- Treatment for IPF