This multicomponent toolkit provides materials to facilitate the implementation of assertive community treatment (ACT) by mental health consumers, families and other supporters, practitioners and clinical supervisors, mental health program leaders, and public mental health authorities. ACT is a team-based approach to delivering comprehensive and flexible treatment, support, and services to help people stay out of the hospital and develop skills for living in the community. ACT offers...
This brochure provides information for consumers about their risk of getting diabetes.
The brochure addresses the following topics:
- What is diabetes?
- Risks for diabetes?
- How can I prevent diabetes?
- Kinds of diabetes
Free registration is required to access this tool.
This consumer summary presents information for people with severe gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) who are being treated by a doctor or other health care provider.
This summary addresses the following topics:
- Do you have gastroesophageal reflux disease?
- What kinds of medicines can I take for GERD?
- Can surgery help?
- What about the new endoscopic procedures?
This 44-page toolkit provides information and tools to promote bone health to the media and to the community, as recommended in Bone Health and Osteoporosis: A Report of the Surgeon General .
The following topics are addressed in the outreach toolkit:
- Media outreach: Develop and implement a strategy for publicizing the Surgeon General’s report in the community
- Developing a media plan
- Media pitching 101
- How to develop media lists ...
This evidence report presents the results of a systematic review to evaluate B-type natriuretic peptide (BNP) and N-terminal proBNP (NT-proBNP) as promising markers for heart failure diagnosis, prognosis, and treatment.
The evidence report is organized as follows:
- Heart failure
- Determinants of BNPs
- Diagnosis of heart failure using BNPs
- Prognostic utility of BNPs
- Treatment monitoring using BNPs
This Web site offers information to cancer control planners, program staff, and researchers in order to assist them in achieving their goals:
- to reduce cancer risk
- to reduce the number of new cancer cases
- to reduce the number of deaths from cancer
- to enhance the quality of life for cancer survivors
While many share the same goals, all do not have easy access to resources that can facilitate the transfer of evidence-based research findings into...
This fact sheet addresses fetal alcohol spectrum disorders (FASD) and the importance of early diagnosis.
This fact sheet addresses the following topics:
- What are fetal alcohol spectrum disorders (FASD)?
- How can I recognize FASD?
- Why is diagnosis important?
- How is FASD detected?
- Where can I go for a diagnosis?
- How do I prepare for an assessment?
- What do I do with the results?
This fact sheet provides answers to frequently asked questions about gonorrhea. It addresses the following topics:
- What is gonorrhea?
- How do you get gonorrhea?
- Who is at risk for gonorrhea?
- What are the symptoms of gonorrhea?
- Are there tests for gonorrhea?
- How is gonorrhea treated?
- What happens if gonorrhea isn’t treated?
- Can gonorrhea cause problems during pregnancy?
- How can I keep from getting gonorrhea?
The Diabetes Eye Examination Report is a one-page tool for medical providers to record eye examination results and plans of treatment for patients with diabetes.
This tool helps providers record the following information:
- Visual acuity
- Intraocular pressure
- Retinal examination findings
- Cataract limitations
- Glaucoma status
- Plans of treatment
This patient education guide provides information about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and important steps for better living for people diagnosed with the disease.
This guide addresses the following topics:
- Living well with COPD
- What is COPD?
- Inside your lungs
- How COPD affects the body
- Causes of COPD
- Symptoms of COPD
- Making the diagnosis
- Important steps for better living with COPD