This two-page flow sheet provides structured documentation for the assessment of patients with asthma and assists providers in embedding guidelines into daily practice.
The flow sheet includes fields for recording the following information:
- Vital signs and lung function tests
- Current symptoms
- Recent daytime symptoms
- Recent nighttime symptoms
- B2-agonist use
- ER visits
- Missed school
- Home peak flow rates
The purpose of the National Maternal and Child Oral Health Resource Center (OHRC) is to respond to the needs of States and communities in addressing current and emerging public oral health issues. OHRC supports health professionals, program administrators, educators, policymakers, and others with the goal of improving oral health services for infants, children, adolescents, and their families. The resource center collaborates with Federal, State, and local agencies; national and State...
This PDQ cancer information summary for health professionals provides comprehensive, peer-reviewed, evidence-based information about breast cancer prevention.
Information about the following is included in this summary:
- Breast cancer incidence and mortality statistics and information about breast cancer risk factors
- Interventions for breast cancer prevention
- Benefits and harms of interventions to prevent breast cancer
This summary provides patients with information on the prevention of colorectal cancer.
This summary addresses the following topics:
- What is prevention?
- General information about colorectal cancer
- Colorectal cancer prevention
- Risk factors
- Protective factors
- Clinical trials
This algorithm is derived from the evidence-based clinical practice guideline, Management of Diabetes Mellitus, developed by the Department of Veterans Affairs and Department of Defense (VA/DoD). It is intended to:
- Promote evidence-based management of individuals with diabetes
- Identify the critical decision points in management of patients with diabetes mellitus, such as glycemic control, evaluation of the eyes and feet, and co-morbid conditions (e.g....
This fact sheet presents highlights of the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) recommendations on hormone replacement therapy (HRT) for the primary prevention of chronic conditions. The USPSTF systematically reviews the evidence of effectiveness of a wide range of clinical preventive services—including screening, counseling, and chemoprevention (the use of medication to prevent diseases)—to develop recommendations for preventive care in the primary care setting.
This brochure provides information about scleroderma and helpful hints to cope with it.
This brochure is organized into the following sections:
- Coping with scleroderma
- The beginning
- The diagnosis
- The emotions
- Anger and depression
- Bargaining and acceptance
- Helpful hints
This 44-page toolkit provides information and tools to promote bone health to the media and to the community, as recommended in Bone Health and Osteoporosis: A Report of the Surgeon General .
The following topics are addressed in the outreach toolkit:
- Media outreach: Develop and implement a strategy for publicizing the Surgeon General’s report in the community
- Developing a media plan
- Media pitching 101
- How to develop media lists ...
This evidence report presents the results of a systematic review to evaluate B-type natriuretic peptide (BNP) and N-terminal proBNP (NT-proBNP) as promising markers for heart failure diagnosis, prognosis, and treatment.
The evidence report is organized as follows:
- Heart failure
- Determinants of BNPs
- Diagnosis of heart failure using BNPs
- Prognostic utility of BNPs
- Treatment monitoring using BNPs
This tool is a step-by-step guide to helping people with heart disease make decisions that will protect and improve their heart health. It provides information about lifestyle habits, medicines, and other treatments that can lessen the chances of having a heart attack.
This guide addresses the following topics:
- Heart disease: A wakeup call
- What is heart disease?
- Getting tested for heart disease
- Controlling your risk factors
- You and your doctor...