This fact sheet provides recommendations for protecting children under 6 months against the flu.
This tool addresses the following topics:
- Children at 6 months are at higher risk
- Advice for caregivers of children less than 2 years old
- Take time to get a vaccine
- Take everyday preventive steps
- Take antiviral drugs if your doctor says you need them
- Advice for caregivers who get the flu
- Remember how the...
This guide describes foods that can cause serious illness or should be avoided while pregnant.
This guide addresses the following topics:
- Three main dangers in food
- Food facts to keep you and your baby healthy
This tool is a summary of the American Academy of Neurology’s guideline evaluating whether magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) can predict probable conversion to clinically definite multiple sclerosis (MS) in patients presenting with a syndrome consistent with inflammatory demyelination.
The summary addresses the following topics:
- Evidence for using MRI for early diagnosis of MS
- Diagnostic considerations in patients with suspected MS and/or MRI white matter...
The National Kidney and Urologic Diseases Information Clearinghouse (NKUDIC) is an information dissemination service of the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK). NKUDIC was established to increase knowledge and understanding about diseases of the kidneys and urologic system among people with these conditions and their families, health care professionals, and the general public. To carry out this mission, NKUDIC works closely with a coordinating panel of...
This brochure for people with diabetes describes the links between diabetes and cardiovascular disease and emphasizes the importance of maintaining healthy cholesterol levels.
This brochure addresses the following topics:
- Why should I care about heart disease and stroke if I have diabetes?
- Diabetes increases your risk for heart and blood vessel problems
- How does diabetes hurt my blood vessels?
- Fat in your blood
- What are healthy...
This Web site presents information about the prevention, detection, treatment, and care of sexually transmitted diseases (STDs). It is part of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention National Prevention Information Network (NPIN), which is the U.S. reference, referral, and distribution service for information on HIV/AIDS, STDs, and tuberculosis (TB). NPIN produces, collects, catalogs, and disseminates materials and information on STDs to organizations and people working in those...
This two-page flow sheet provides structured documentation for the assessment of patients with asthma and assists providers in embedding guidelines into daily practice.
The flow sheet includes fields for recording the following information:
- Vital signs and lung function tests
- Current symptoms
- Recent daytime symptoms
- Recent nighttime symptoms
- B2-agonist use
- ER visits
- Missed school
- Home peak flow rates
This multicomponent toolkit provides materials to facilitate the implementation of assertive community treatment (ACT) by mental health consumers, families and other supporters, practitioners and clinical supervisors, mental health program leaders, and public mental health authorities. ACT is a team-based approach to delivering comprehensive and flexible treatment, support, and services to help people stay out of the hospital and develop skills for living in the community. ACT offers...
This brochure provides information for consumers about their risk of getting diabetes.
The brochure addresses the following topics:
- What is diabetes?
- Risks for diabetes?
- How can I prevent diabetes?
- Kinds of diabetes
Free registration is required to access this tool.
This consumer summary presents information for people with severe gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) who are being treated by a doctor or other health care provider.
This summary addresses the following topics:
- Do you have gastroesophageal reflux disease?
- What kinds of medicines can I take for GERD?
- Can surgery help?
- What about the new endoscopic procedures?