This fact sheet presents patient information on sickle cell anemia.
This fact sheet addresses the following topics:
- What is sickle cell anemia?
- Other names for sickle cell anemia
- What causes sickle cell anemia?
- Who is at risk for sickle cell anemia?
- What are the signs and symptoms of sickle cell anemia?
- How is sickle cell anemia diagnosed?
- How is sickle cell anemia treated?
- How can sickle cell anemia be prevented? ...
This multicomponent toolkit provides materials to facilitate the implementation of assertive community treatment (ACT) by mental health consumers, families and other supporters, practitioners and clinical supervisors, mental health program leaders, and public mental health authorities. ACT is a team-based approach to delivering comprehensive and flexible treatment, support, and services to help people stay out of the hospital and develop skills for living in the community. ACT offers...
This brochure provides information for consumers about their risk of getting diabetes.
The brochure addresses the following topics:
- What is diabetes?
- Risks for diabetes?
- How can I prevent diabetes?
- Kinds of diabetes
Free registration is required to access this tool.
This consumer summary presents information for people with severe gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) who are being treated by a doctor or other health care provider.
This summary addresses the following topics:
- Do you have gastroesophageal reflux disease?
- What kinds of medicines can I take for GERD?
- Can surgery help?
- What about the new endoscopic procedures?
This tool summarizes the American Society of Clinical Oncology’s (ASCO) 2005 practice guideline update for followup after primary therapy for stage II or III colorectal cancer.
This guideline summary addresses the following topics:
- Updated 2005 recommendations
- Imaging procedures
- Endoscopic surveillance techniques
- History and physical examination and risk assessment
- Laboratory tests
This fact sheet provides recommendations for protecting children under 6 months against the flu.
This tool addresses the following topics:
- Children at 6 months are at higher risk
- Advice for caregivers of children less than 2 years old
- Take time to get a vaccine
- Take everyday preventive steps
- Take antiviral drugs if your doctor says you need them
- Advice for caregivers who get the flu
- Remember how the...
This guide describes foods that can cause serious illness or should be avoided while pregnant.
This guide addresses the following topics:
- Three main dangers in food
- Food facts to keep you and your baby healthy
This Web site offers information to cancer control planners, program staff, and researchers in order to assist them in achieving their goals:
- to reduce cancer risk
- to reduce the number of new cancer cases
- to reduce the number of deaths from cancer
- to enhance the quality of life for cancer survivors
While many share the same goals, all do not have easy access to resources that can facilitate the transfer of evidence-based research findings into...
This PDQ cancer information summary for health professionals provides comprehensive, peer-reviewed, evidence-based information about the classification and treatment of adult Hodgkin lymphoma.
This tool is organized into the following sections:
- General information about adult Hodgkin lymphoma
- Cellular classification of adult Hodgkin lymphoma
- Stage information for adult Hodgkin lymphoma
- Treatment option overview
This brochure for people with diabetes describes the links between diabetes and cardiovascular disease and emphasizes the importance of maintaining healthy cholesterol levels.
This brochure addresses the following topics:
- Why should I care about heart disease and stroke if I have diabetes?
- Diabetes increases your risk for heart and blood vessel problems
- How does diabetes hurt my blood vessels?
- Fat in your blood
- What are healthy...