The Diabetes Eye Examination Report is a one-page tool for medical providers to record eye examination results and plans of treatment for patients with diabetes.
This tool helps providers record the following information:
- Visual acuity
- Intraocular pressure
- Retinal examination findings
- Cataract limitations
- Glaucoma status
- Plans of treatment
This 19-page guide presents information to help older adults avoid problems with medication use.
This guide addresses the following topics:
- Aging and health: You and your medicines
- Talk to your health care professionals
- What you need to know about your prescription medicines
- Taking prescription medicines
- Taking over-the-counter medicines
- Cutting medicine costs
- Tips for seniors on safe medicine use
- My medicine record...
This booklet presents science-based advice of the Dietary Guidelines for Americans .
It addresses the following topics:
- Feeling better today; staying healthy for tomorrow
- Making smart choices from every food group
- Mixing up your choices within each food group
- Finding your balance between food and physical activity
- Getting the most nutrition out of your calories
- Nutrition facts
- Playing it safe with food...
This guide will take patients recently diagnosed with cervical cancer through the basics of what they need to know about their treatment.
This guide addresses the following topics:
- Cervical cancer: an overview
- Working with your treatment team
- Talking with your treatment team
- Radiation therapy
- Living with cancer therapy
This guide will help people with HIV infection prevent illness by preparing food and drinks properly. This tool is also available in Spanish.
This guide addresses the following questions:
- Why should I be careful about food and water?
- What illnesses caused by germs in food and water do people with HIV commonly get?
- Do only people with HIV get these illnesses?
- Are these illnesses the same in people with HIV as in other people?
- If I have HIV, can...
This tool was developed to give parents and caregivers information about testing for global developmental delay in children.
This tool addresses the following questions:
- How will the doctor notice any developmental delays?
- What causes global developmental delay?
- How will the doctor diagnose the cause of global developmental delay?
- Genetic, molecular, and metabolic tests
- Screening for other disorders
- Standard genetic testing (chromosome...
This training manual is a developmental tool to assist health centers in improving the care of people with chronic illness. It contains ideas for change and examples of organizations that have tested those changes and made significant improvements in care.
This manual includes the following information:
- An introduction to the vision, goals, and methodology of the Health Disparities Collaboratives
- Separate sections on chronic conditions, such as diabetes, asthma, and...
This 53-page resource packet, available in English and Spanish, provides resources to support individuals, organizations, and communities in their efforts to promote safe children and healthy families.
This resource packet presents the following information:
- Supporting families: Preventing child abuse
- Promoting safe children and healthy families: What organizations can do
- Building on strengths: Enhancing protective factors for children and families
This algorithm is derived from the evidence-based clinical practice guideline Management of Diabetes Mellitus, developed by the Department of Veterans Affairs and Department of Defense. By clicking on the individual steps in this interactive algorithm, the user can access the more detailed information in the Module M summary and related modules.
This algorithm includes the following steps:
- Is this a patient with newly diagnosed diabetes mellitus?
This resource guide provides tools to assist health care facilities in implementing a patient safety program.
This toolkit includes the following program tools, all of which may be customized as needed:
- Generic safety plan: template
- Comprehensive medical safety program
- Quality and safety officer job description: template
- Organized assignments for accompanying patient safety plan or program
- American Society for Healthcare Risk Management:...