- Nutrition and fitness
- Sexuality and sexual health
- General health and development
- Gynecology and reproductive health
- Emotional health
- Parent guides
The tool also includes quizzes on the following health topics:
- General health
- Nutrition and fitness
These questionnaires were used in the Inner City Asthma Study (ICAS) to evaluate the effectiveness of two types of interventions to reduce asthma morbidity and severity among inner-city children, ages 5-11, with moderate to severe asthma.
- Adult baseline clinical evaluation form–Completed at study enrollment by the adult caretaker of the child
- Child baseline clinical evaluation form–Completed at study enrollment by the...
This section of the Academy for Infection Management (AIM) Web site provides a selection of case studies that can be used as interactive case-based learning tools to educate clinicians about prevention and management of infections to improve patient outcomes. The case studies highlight the importance of using appropriate antibiotics early in nosocomial infections and the potentially serious consequences of using inappropriate therapy.
The tool includes:
- AIM case...
This risk assessment tool rapidly provides a personal risk profile for a child with asthma. A detailed questionnaire looks at a variety of potential risks for a child and then reports on those factors affecting that child. It is designed to help clinicians, asthma counselors, and parents determine potential risks for children with asthma.
The remainder of the CARAT Web site provides details on what asthma is, what causes asthma symptoms, and what can be done to reduce exposure...
This Web site provides health resources in multiple languages. Visitors can browse resources with items in multiple languages, or resources in specific languages. Users can also search the Web sites on the page using the customized search engine.
Languages included are:
This Web site provides health literacy tools, Government resources, research, and reports to help improve materials so individuals can better obtain, process, and understand basic health information and services to make appropriate health decisions.
- Sample action plan to improve health literacy
- Quick guide to health literacy
- Quick guide to health literacy and older adults
- Toolkit for trainers: Teaching older adults how to...
This Web site was designed for teenagers and young adults with cancer to help them fight their disease. It includes a state-of-the-art video game called Re-Mission, which takes the player on a journey through the body of young patients with different kinds of cancer. The game is designed to be cool and fun, while helping players increase their personal knowledge about cancer and improve their confidence in their ability to manage their disease. The Web site also includes community forums,...
The Medical Expenditure Panel Survey (MEPS) is a set of large-scale surveys of families and individuals, their medical providers, and employers across the United States. MEPS is the most complete source of data on the cost and use of health care and health insurance coverage.
MEPS collects data on the specific health services that Americans use, how frequently they use them, the cost of these services, and how they are paid for, as well as data on the cost, scope, and breadth of...
This Web site is the next generation of the 5-A-Day Program, a national initiative to increase consumption of fruit and vegetables. The site offers the following:
- A calculator to find out how many fruits and vegetables you need each day, based on your daily caloric needs
- Tips on how to include fruits and vegetables in your daily diet
- Information on new fruits and vegetables to try
- Interactive tools such as “Analyze My Plate,” which...
Smokefree.gov provides information and professional assistance to support those who want to quit smoking.
The Web site allows users to choose the help that best fits their needs. Available assistance includes:
- An online step-by-step cessation guide
- Local and State telephone quitlines
- National Cancer Institute (NCI’s) national telephone quitline
- NCI’s instant messaging service
- Publications, which may be downloaded, printed, or ordered ...