This key points card is derived from the evidence-based clinical practice guideline, Management of Diabetes Mellitus, developed by the Department of Veterans Affairs and Department of Defense.
The key points card provides recommendations for diabetes screening and for preventive care measures for people with diabetes mellitus, in the following categories:
- Primary prevention
- Secondary prevention
- Tertiary prevention
- Health preventive...
This wallet card provides space to help people with diabetes maintain records of medications and medical tests, identifies personal targets for preventive medical care, and provides information that can be used by others in case of emergency.
This wallet card allows users to record the following information:
- Medications, dosages, and times
- Names and telephone numbers for the doctor, other health care providers, and an emergency contact...
This wallet card presents the eight key points health care practitioners should follow regarding the diagnosis and management of dyslipidemia.
The Peripheral Arterial Disease (P.A.D.) Community Action Toolkit was developed to provide campaign partners with the instructions, tools, and resources necessary to implement community campaign activities in their local markets. This toolkit helps raise awareness of P.A.D. with consistent messages and materials. Organizations can customize messages and materials to address their specific needs.
This kit is organized into the following categories:
- Campaign overview
This wallet card explains what an ear, nose, and throat (ENT) doctor is and lists questions about hearing loss that parents/guardians may want to ask their child’s ENT doctor. It provides space for information about the ENT doctor and tests to be performed, as well as blank space next to each question in which to record what the parent/guardian has learned during the appointment.
This wallet card explains what an audiologist is and lists questions that parents/guardians may want to ask their child’s audiologist. It provides space for information about the audiologist and test to be performed and lists questions, which are organized in the following topic areas:
- Questions about my/our child’s hearing loss
- Questions about hearing aids and cochlear implants
- Questions about communication options and education
- Questions about support...
The Bright Futures for Women’s Health and Wellness (BFWHW) initiative is a project of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), Office of Women’s Health. The mission of BFWHW is to plan, develop, implement, and evaluate a variety of culturally competent consumer, provider, and community-based products for all women across their lifespan—including underserved and minority women. The Bright Futures materials help to promote women’s...
This wallet card explains what a speech-language pathologist is and lists questions about hearing loss that parents/guardians may want to ask their child’s speech-language pathologist.
This wallet card provides space for information about the speech-language pathologist and lists questions, which are organized in the following topic areas:
- Questions about speech and language therapy services for my/our child
- Questions to help our family and child at home and in...
This tool kit includes information and tools to help physicians diagnose and manage concussion.
This tool kit includes:
- A booklet with information on diagnosis and management of mild traumatic brain injuries (MTBI)
- A patient assessment tool (Acute Concussion Evaluation or ACE)
- A care plan to help guide patient’s recovery
- Fact sheets in English and Spanish on preventing concussion
- A palm card for the on-field management of sports-related...
The Emory University Reynolds Program has established the Comprehensive Geriatric Assessment Pocket Card to be used as a teaching module reference for providers caring for geriatric patients.
This pocket card addresses the following topics:
- Basics in Geriatrics “Big 10” - 10 principles that differentiate the care of older patients from other patient populations
- Recommendations for Geriatric Assessment - a chart plotting the Big...