This toolkit can be used by family and friends of Medicare beneficiaries to help the beneficiaries understand the new Medicare prescription drug coverage.
Family and friends of Medicare beneficiaries can use this toolkit to:
- Understand the basics of Medicare prescription drug coverage
- Determine how your friend or family member gets current prescription coverage today
- Gather some important information
- Review the plan choices
- Help them enroll...
This resource guide provides tools to assist health care facilities in implementing a patient safety program.
This toolkit includes the following program tools, all of which may be customized as needed:
- Generic safety plan: template
- Comprehensive medical safety program
- Quality and safety officer job description: template
- Organized assignments for accompanying patient safety plan or program
- American Society for Healthcare Risk Management:...
This toolkit was designed to assist health care settings in maximizing the potential of clinical practice guidelines (CPGs), through systematic and well-planned implementation. It was also designed to accompany the nursing best practice guidelines (NBPGs) developed by the Registered Nurses Association of Ontario (RNAO) in order to facilitate their implementation.
This toolkit presents the following information:
- Setting the stage
- Criteria for identifying a well-...
This toolkit will help providers apply the Cross-Cultural Clinical Practice Guidelines, which were written for primary care practitioners serving racially, ethnically, and linguistically diverse Medicaid populations in various outpatient settings. It introduces the fundamentals of cross-cultural practice and offers steps and processes essential to delivering high-quality care to culturally diverse populations.
The toolkit includes the following sections:
- Introduction and...
This toolkit details the experiences of a workgroup of Medicaid managed care organizations that collaborated to develop new ways of identifying members of racial and ethnic subgroups, to measure gaps in care and to explore ways to improve health care quality. The workgroup members designed innovative strategies to uncover and address disparities in three targeted areas: birth outcomes and immunizations, asthma care, and diabetes care.The toolkit includes the following sections:
This Web site contains concepts, tips, and tools for evaluating the quality of health care for children. This online resource can help to answer the following (and related) questions about measuring health care quality in child health programs:
- How can you tell whether children are receiving quality health care?
- How do you know when a health program is functioning effectively?
- Where can you find tools to help answer these questions?
- If the right tool is not...
The Peripheral Arterial Disease (P.A.D.) Community Action Toolkit was developed to provide campaign partners with the instructions, tools, and resources necessary to implement community campaign activities in their local markets. This toolkit helps raise awareness of P.A.D. with consistent messages and materials. Organizations can customize messages and materials to address their specific needs.
This kit is organized into the following categories:
- Campaign overview
The toolkit will help health care organizations understand the importance of collecting accurate data on patients’ race, ethnicity, and primary (preferred) language. Using this toolkit, health care organizations can assess their organizational capacity to collect this information and implement a systematic framework for obtaining such data. To gain access to the entire contents of the tool kit, users must complete a free registration.
This toolkit includes the following materials...
Medicines In My Home is an interactive educational program about the safe and effective use of over-the-counter (OTC) medicines. It includes materials geared to both students and adults.
This Web site is divided into four sections:
- Teachers’ room
- Course description and objectives
- Teachers’ kit
- Classroom lesson materials
- Medicines in my home: Information for students on using OTC medicines safely
- Classroom lesson on safe OTC...
- Classroom lesson materials
This 66-page toolkit describes the experiences of 11 Medicaid managed care organizations in developing, pilot testing, and refining a Best Clinical and Administrative Practices (BCAP) initiative to improve early childhood screening and anticipatory guidance, with an emphasis on preventive pediatric care.
This toolkit addresses the following topics:
- Enhancing child development services in Medicaid managed care
- Enhancing child development services using the BCAP...