This 79-page toolkit from the Center for Health Care Strategies offers a structured approach for addressing quality improvement in asthma care for health plans serving Medicaid members. This toolkit offers practical approaches for identifying common barriers to achieving better care for members with asthma, developing strategies to overcome these barriers, reviewing clinical and administrative strategies that other health plans have implemented, and measuring incremental and long-term change...
This toolkit offers a structured approach for addressing quality improvement in prenatal care and a collection of “lessons learned” by health plans serving Medicaid members. It will help health plans review common barriers that Medicaid plans face in improving birth outcomes, develop strategies to overcome these barriers, review clinical and administrative strategies that other health plans have implemented, and measure incremental and long-term change.
This toolkit addresses the...
The Health Manager’s Toolkit is an electronic compendium of tools designed to assist health professionals at all levels of an organization to provide accessible high-quality and sustainable health services.
The following tools are contained in this toolkit:
- Clinical services and quality management tools
- Helps in the management of health services delivery at both the clinic and the community levels
The Oregon Heart Failure GAP (Guidelines Applied in Practice) Toolkit contains a variety of tools, some for clinicians treating patients suffering from heart failure, and others for heart failure patients themselves.
- Clinician tools:
- Clinician guide to heart failure treatment - For primary care clinicians
- Tips for increasing effectiveness of interactions with patients
- Sample heart failure visit template
- Patient tools:
- How to care...
This resource kit is designed to help communities implement a well-defined approach to helping people with mental illnesses find and keep competitive employment within their communities. It includes information targeted to consumers, families, practitioners, mental health program leaders, and public mental health authorities.
The resource kit includes the following materials:
- User’s guide
- Project philosophy and values...
The wallet card, part of the toolkit for coaches entitled Heads Up: Concussion in High School Sports, helps high school sports coaches educate themselves, athletes, parents, and school officials about sports-related concussion.
The card includes:
- Signs and symptoms that may indicate a concussion has occurred
- Action plan if a concussion is suspected
This wallet card also allows users to record the phone numbers for the following:
This toolkit offers a structured approach for addressing quality improvement for preventive care services and a collection of “lessons learned” by a diverse group of health plans serving Medicaid members. It offers realistic approaches to help health plans develop or improve preventive care programs.
This tool addresses the following topics:
- How will this toolkit benefit your health plan?
- Measuring for success: A process improvement strategy
- A typology...
This toolkit contains information that examines different ways States can address health literacy–through their Medicaid programs, by improving health communication, in State-mandated K-12 curriculum, and by working with adult learners.
The toolkit includes the following:
- Executive summary: Excerpts from the Council of State Governments (CSG’s) State Official’s Guide to Health Literacy
- Issue briefs
This toolkit can be used by family and friends of Medicare beneficiaries to help the beneficiaries understand the new Medicare prescription drug coverage.
Family and friends of Medicare beneficiaries can use this toolkit to:
- Understand the basics of Medicare prescription drug coverage
- Determine how your friend or family member gets current prescription coverage today
- Gather some important information
- Review the plan choices
- Help them enroll...
This resource guide provides tools to assist health care facilities in implementing a patient safety program.
This toolkit includes the following program tools, all of which may be customized as needed:
- Generic safety plan: template
- Comprehensive medical safety program
- Quality and safety officer job description: template
- Organized assignments for accompanying patient safety plan or program
- American Society for Healthcare Risk Management:...