This toolkit includes information to aid health care facilities in preventing wrong-site surgeries.
The toolkit includes the following information:
- Prevention program tools
- Educational tools
- Advisory articles
- Companion online information source
This toolkit is designed to assist clinicians in providing quality care for children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). It can provide the basis for a coordinated, integrated, and multidisciplinary system of care.
Registration is required to download the toolkit.
This toolkit contains the following tools:
- NICHQ ADHD Primary Care Initial Evaluation Form - This tool helps organize the various pieces of information needed to make a diagnosis of...
This Small Steps. Big Rewards. GAME PLAN kit describes the steps that consumers can take to prevent diabetes and live a longer, healthier life. It is based on the lifestyle modification strategies used in the diabetes prevention program, sponsored by the National Institutes of Health.
This kit includes the following information and tools:
- Overview of the Small Steps. Big Rewards. GAME PLAN
- Am I at risk for type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes?
This report examines questionnaires, surveys, and other instruments currently used to assess the services and quality of care in assisted living facilities across the United States including consumer-reported instruments, expert observational instruments, and provider-reported tools that evaluate services offered, the physical and cultural environments, staff issues, activities, social support, and contractual issues.
The report includes the following sections:
This tool kit provides women with information about the importance of early detection and screening for breast cancer and instructions for a breast self-exam (BSE).
The tool kit includes:
- Breast self awareness information
- BSE instructional tool (available in English, Spanish, and Hindi)
- BSE card
- This full-color waterproof card illustrates and describes the technique of BSE. Monthly punch-...
This tool kit includes information and tools to help physicians diagnose and manage concussion.
This tool kit includes:
- A booklet with information on diagnosis and management of mild traumatic brain injuries (MTBI)
- A patient assessment tool (Acute Concussion Evaluation or ACE)
- A care plan to help guide patient’s recovery
- Fact sheets in English and Spanish on preventing concussion
- A palm card for the on-field management of sports-related...
This toolkit provides downloadable educational materials specifically for physicians and other health care professionals and their staff to learn the basics about Medicare prescription drug coverage.
Contents of the toolkit include:
- Reproducible artwork
- Letter from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services administrator
- Fact sheet (English and Spanish)
- List of resources
This toolkit provides resources for policymakers, health plans, and clinicians and addresses the gap between what can be delivered to children with special health care needs and what is actually received.
This toolkit includes the following sections:
- Foreword: Who are children with special needs?
- Improving quality for children with special needs
- The challenge of serving children with special needs
- Opportunities to enhance services for children with...
This toolkit provides general guidelines for correct vaccine storage and handling. Specific recommendations for vaccine storage and handling procedures may vary among different State health department immunization programs. This toolkit does not replace these State health department policies but rather is meant to supplement them.
This toolkit is organized into the following sections:
- Cold chain
- Storage and handling plans
This Web site is a one-stop gateway to school food safety information and resources. It includes the following information:
Action Guide Tools: Use the tools to launch and build support for food-safe school programs, such as a how-to guide and video, motivational PowerPoint(r) presentation and administrator’s briefing brochure, and topical in-depth modules
Assess: Assess your school’s food safety strengths and weaknesses and develop a plan for improvement using the Food-Safe...