This PowerPoint presentation was developed for health professionals to educate others in the nutrition field. It details the background and development of MyPyramid.
This presentation addresses the following topics:
- History of USDA’s food guidance
- Reasons for revising—Updating the science
- Reasons for revising—Improving implementation
- Dietary reference intakes
- Dietary Guidelines for Americans, 2005
- Guiding principles—Unchanged...
This slide set “Hand Hygiene in Healthcare Settings - Supplemental” may be used in conjunction with the slide set “Hand Hygiene in Healthcare Settings - Core” and can be customized by inserting hospital-specific data.
This slide set addresses the reasons for health care workers to practice good hand hygiene and includes question and answer slides to be used in an interactive presentation.
Medicines In My Home is an interactive educational program about the safe and effective use of over-the-counter (OTC) medicines. It includes materials geared to both students and adults.
This Web site is divided into four sections:
- Teachers’ room
- Course description and objectives
- Teachers’ kit
- Classroom lesson materials
- Medicines in my home: Information for students on using OTC medicines safely
- Classroom lesson on safe OTC...
- Classroom lesson materials
Diabetes: The Numbers is a slide presentation that contains U.S. diabetes prevalence and incidence rates broken down by age, sex, and race/ethnicity. They are designed as a resource for health care professionals, diabetes educators, and students to educate about and help to manage the challenges of diabetes prevention and control. The slides can be downloaded as an entire presentation or used individually.
This slideshow summarizes the American Society of Clinical Oncology guideline on the use of larynx-preservation strategies in the treatment of laryngeal cancer.
This slideshow addresses the following topics:
- Guideline methodology
- Guideline questions
- What are the larynx-preservation treatment options for limited stage (T1, T2) primary site disease that do not compromise survival? What are the considerations in selecting among them?
Health literacy is the ability to obtain, process, and understand basic health information and services needed to make appropriate health decisions and follow instructions for treatment.
This kit for clinicians includes a clinician’s guide and videos.
The guide, “Health literacy and patient safety: Help patients understand” includes the following:
- Health literacy
- National Assessment of Adult Literacy
- Population groups at risk...
American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) convened an expert panel to review and update evidence-based strategies for breast cancer followup and management in asymptomatic patients following primary, curative therapy. The panel observed the 1996 outcomes criteria that justify the use of a drug or technology in the guideline development process. Therapy was recommended when compelling positive effects to survival, quality of life, and/or cost-effectiveness was demonstrated.
This Web site provides consumer-oriented brochures on hepatitis A, B, and C in a variety of languages.
This site includes the following brochures:
- Prevent hepatitis A
- Viral hepatitis integration for HIV prevention community planners brochure
- Protect your baby for life from hepatitis B
- Hepatitis B and you
- Living with chronic hepatitis B
- Prevent hepatitis B
- What every injection drug user should know
- Hepatitis C…...
This tool offers general advice to help patients learn more about their medical problem and how it can be treated. A video Web program based on the booklet tells viewers what experts have to say about coming to grips with illness.
The 28-page booklet addresses the following topics:
- Step 1: Take the time you need
- Step 2: Get the support you need
- Step 3: Talk with your doctor
- Step 4: Seek out information
- Step 5: Decide on a treatment...
The Hepatitis C Education Class toolkit is intended to provide clinicians with a how-to guide and various resources for conducting a patient education class on hepatitis C.
This toolkit contains a course guide, slide set and script, and slideshow with audio.
The slide set and script are designed for health providers to use with their patients who have hepatitis C infection or who tested positive for hepatitis C at some time in the past. The class runs about an hour and...