This slideshow presentation summarizes the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)/College of American Pathologists (CAP) Guideline Recommendations for Human Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor 2 (HER2) Testing in Breast Cancer.
This slideshow contains 25 slides and is organized into the following sections:
- Guideline methodology
- Guideline questions
- Optimal testing algorithm for the assessment of HER2 status
This Web site presents information about the prevention, detection, treatment, and care of sexually transmitted diseases (STDs). It is part of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention National Prevention Information Network (NPIN), which is the U.S. reference, referral, and distribution service for information on HIV/AIDS, STDs, and tuberculosis (TB). NPIN produces, collects, catalogs, and disseminates materials and information on STDs to organizations and people working in those...
This slide show is a cessation intervention course which pharmacists and clinicians can take and earn free continuing education credit.
The objectives of this course are:
- Describe a new, redefined role for the pharmacist in the tobacco cessation process, positioning them as the initiator of the quit not solely as the provider of services.
- Summarize how the pharmacist can serve as a motivator and educator for cessation.
- Explain the importance of pharmacists...
This educational module addresses preventable adverse drug reactions (ADRs). It was developed based on a needs survey sent to all third-year medicine clerkship directors and all medicine residency program directors in the United States.
This module contains the following components:
- Slide presentation
- Sample case
- ADR prevalence and incidence
- Types of drug interactions
- Drug metabolism
- ADR reporting
- Preventing drug...
This Web site contains guidelines from the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute to provide users with a new approach to the measurement of overweight and obesity and a variety of tools and materials for safe and effective weight loss.
The Web site includes the following major sections:
- Key recommendations
- Getting started
- Part 1: Assessing your risk
- Body mass index
- Waist circumference
- Other risk factors...
- Part 1: Assessing your risk
This Web site focuses on National Alcohol and Drug Addiction Recovery Month, which promotes the societal benefits of alcohol and drug use treatment, lauds the contributions of treatment providers, and promotes the message that recovery from alcohol and drug use disorders in all its forms is possible. Developed by the Center for Substance Abuse Treatment, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, Recovery Month activities have been held each September since 1998.
This training curriculum provides mental health providers with information on prevention strategies and alternative approaches to reduce the use of seclusion and restraint in behavioral health care settings.
This tool includes the following modules:
- The personal experience of seclusion and restraint
- Understanding the impact of trauma
- Creating cultural change
- Understanding resilience and recovery from the consumer perspective
- Strategies to...
This Web site provides patients and health care professionals with information about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including materials for public and professional outreach.
This Web site provides the following information for patients:
- What is chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)?
- How does COPD affect breathing?
- Getting tested
- Taking action
- Am I at risk?
This slide set “Hand Hygiene in Healthcare Settings - Core” and accompanying speaker notes provide an overview of the Guideline for Hand Hygiene in Healthcare Settings published in 2002.
This slide presentation addresses the following hand hygiene topics:
- So why all the fuss about hand hygiene?
- Evidence of relationship between hand hygiene and health care-associated infections
- Hand hygiene adherence in hospitals
This slide set provides an overall summary of the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) 2006 clinical practice guideline update of recommendations for the use of tumor markers in gastrointestinal cancer.