This online resource guide provides patient information about glaucoma. It answers questions about causes and symptoms and discusses diagnosis and types of treatment.
This resource guide includes the following information:
- Glaucoma defined
- Causes and risk factors
- Symptoms and detection
- Current research
- More information
These fact sheets are intended for use by people recently diagnosed with HIV infection or those who are considering starting HIV treatment. The fact sheets are designed as a series but may be used as stand-alone documents. Information in these fact sheets is based on Guidelines for the Use of Antiretroviral Agents in HIV-1-Infected Adults and Adolescents, developed by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Panel on Antiretroviral Guidelines for Adults and Adolescents....
This fact sheet presents highlights of the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) recommendations on screening for prostate cancer.
Topics addressed include:
- Does the USPSTF recommend prostate cancer screening?
- How effective is prostate cancer screening?
- What are the potential harms of prostate cancer screening?
- How effective is prostate cancer treatment?
- What are the potential harms of prostate cancer treatment?
- What should...
This guide for people with HIV infection provides information about the prevention and treatment of cryptosporidiosis (crypto). This tool is also available in Spanish.
This guide addresses the following questions:
- What is crypto?
- What are the symptoms of crypto?
- How does crypto affect someone with AIDS or HIV?
- How is crypto spread?
- Can crypto be treated?
- How can I protect myself from crypto?
This report describes the importance of physical activity in older adults and provides recommendations for physicians to help their older patients stay active.
Some topics addressed include:
- Prevalence of inactivity in older adults
- Costs of inactivity
- Health benefits of regular physical activity
- Recommended levels of physical activity in older adults
- Strategies to promote physical activity in older adults
- What can work to promote...
This summary provides information to health care professionals on skin cancer prevention including:
- Skin cancer incidence and mortality statistics and information about skin cancer risk factors
- Interventions for skin cancer prevention
- Benefits and harms of interventions to prevent skin cancer
This fact sheet helps adults over 50 learn the warning signs of cancer and provides information about treatment and prevention.
This fact sheet addresses the following topics:
- What is cancer?
- What symptoms should I watch for?
- What regular tests should I have?
- Breast cancer
- Cervical cancer
- Cervical and other cancers
- Colorectal cancer
- Mouth and throat cancers
- Prostate cancer
- Skin cancer
This two-page informational sheet designed for the hemochromatosis patient contains charts, normal ranges for iron levels, and commonly asked questions including:
- What is hemochromatosis?
- Who is most at risk?
- How is hemochromatosis detected?
- What is the treatment?
This tool presents organizational and individual stress prevention and management approaches for disaster response workers.
This tool addresses the following topics:
- Organizational approaches for stress prevention and management
- Individual approaches for stress prevention and management
- Normal reactions to a disaster event
- Signs that you may need stress management assistance
- Ways to help manage your stress
The Intercultural Cancer Council (ICC) Cancer Fact Sheets were created because medically underserved populations, such as racial and ethnic minorities, experience disproportionately greater suffering and compromised health from cancer compared to the U.S. population as a whole.
The following cancer fact sheets are available:
- African Americans and cancer
- American Indians/Alaska natives and cancer
- Asian Americans and cancer
- Hispanics/Latinos and...