This summary provides information to patients on treatment options for cervical cancer.
This summary addresses the following topics:
- General information about cervical cancer
- Stages of cervical cancer
- Recurrent cervical cancer
- Treatment option overview
- Treatment options by stage
- Treatment options for recurrent cervical cancer
This Web page provides women with information about the dangers of drinking during pregnancy.
This tool provides information on the following topics:
- When you are pregnant, drinking can hurt your baby
- Questions about alcohol and drinking during pregnancy
- Can I drink alcohol if I am pregnant?
- Is any kind of alcohol safe to drink during pregnancy?
- What if I drank during my last pregnancy and my baby was fine?
- Will these problems go away...
This tool addresses the following common questions about depression during and after pregnancy:
- What is depression?
- How common is depression during and after pregnancy?
- What causes depression?
- During pregnancy
- After pregnancy
- What are symptoms of depression?
- What is the difference between “baby blues,” postpartum depression, and postpartum psychosis?
- What steps can I take if I have symptoms of depression during...
This tool provides immunization information relevant to American Indian and Alaska Native populations.
This tool discusses the following topics:
- Why immunize our children
- Vaccines can prevent these diseases
- Where immunizations are provided
- Vaccination coverage levels
- Links to brochure and posters
- Links to government sites
This fact sheet explains the risks of having a high blood cholesterol level and provides guidance on lowering high blood cholesterol.
This tool addresses the following topics:
- Why is cholesterol important?
- How does cholesterol cause heart disease?
- What do your cholesterol numbers mean?
- What affects cholesterol levels?
- What is your risk of developing heart disease or having a heart attack?
- Treating high cholesterol ...
This series of fact sheets discusses some of the major side effects of anti-HIV medications. The information in this series is based on the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Guidelines for the Use of Antiretroviral Agents in HIV-1-Infected Adults and Adolescents and Management of Metabolic Complications Associated with Antiretroviral Therapy for HIV-1 Infection: Recommendations of an International AIDS Society-USA Panel.
These fact sheets address...
This guide describes foods that can cause serious illness or should be avoided while pregnant.
This guide addresses the following topics:
- Three main dangers in food
- Food facts to keep you and your baby healthy
This tool provides information about how to keep food and water safe after a natural disaster or power outage. It is organized into the following sections:
- Identify and throw away food that may not be safe to eat
- Storing food safely
- Feeding infants and young children
- Clean and sanitize food-contact surfaces
- Related resources
This one-page tool, in Microsoft(r) Word format, uses the colors of a stoplight to guide patients in managing their congestive heart failure symptoms. The tool is divided into green (“all clear”), yellow (“caution”), and red (“medical alert”) zones. For each zone, the tool provides signs and symptoms and allows the health care provider to give specific instructions for managing the condition, including guidance on when to seek emergency medical assistance.
This Web site focuses on health topics of interest to girls (ages 10-16) and helps motivate them to choose healthy behaviors by using positive, supportive, and non-threatening messages.
This Web site includes the following categories of content for girls:
- Illness and disability
- Drugs, alcohol, and smoking
- Your future
- News and more