This Web site provides health literacy tools, Government resources, research, and reports to help improve materials so individuals can better obtain, process, and understand basic health information and services to make appropriate health decisions.
- Sample action plan to improve health literacy
- Quick guide to health literacy
- Quick guide to health literacy and older adults
- Toolkit for trainers: Teaching older adults how to...
Lower Extremity Amputation Prevention (LEAP) is a comprehensive program that can dramatically reduce lower extremity amputations in individuals with diabetes mellitus, Hansen’s disease, or any condition that results in loss
of protective sensation in the feet.
The LEAP program consists of the following:
- The five-step LEAP program
- Annual foot screening
- Patient education
- Daily self inspection of the foot
- Appropriate footwear...
This toolkit presents information about chronic dry eye. It includes the following:
- Dry eye hot jobs fact sheet
- Chronic dry eye overview
- What is chronic dry eye?
- What causes dry eye?
- How do I know if I have dry eye?
- How is chronic dry eye diagnosed?
- How can I treat my dry eyes?
- When should I talk to my eye doctor about my dry eyes?
- Fast facts
- The basics of dry eyes
- What causes chronic dry eye...
This campaign, launched by the National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine (NCCAM), encourages patients and providers to discuss the use of complementary and alternative medicine (CAM).
This Web site includes the following:
- For patients:
- Tips to talk to your health care provider
- Patient packet
- Backgrounder: The backgrounder provides information about the importance of health care providers and their patients talking...
This fact sheet for parents provides information about Down syndrome.
The fact sheet includes the following topics:
- Educational implications
The Diabetes Prevention and Management toolkit contains tools for adults, children, and health care providers.
The available tools include:
- Tools for adults
- Tools to help manage diabetes
- Personal diabetes care card
- Manage your diabetes brochure
- Tools to help prevent diabetes
- You have the power to prevent diabetes/the healthy plate handout
- Am I at risk for type 2 diabetes? booklet
- Your game...
The How to Take Your Eye Medication fact sheet details a technique called nasolacrimal occlusion (NLO) that was designed to reduce the amount of medication that enters the body through the tear ducts, therefore reducing medication side effects. The fact sheet contains illustrations to demonstrate how to correctly use the NLO technique.
These fact sheets provide information about health, educational, and developmental issues related to Spina Bifida.
The facts sheets about Spina Bifida are on the following topics:
- Spotlight on Spina Bifida
- Agent Orange Benefits Act
- Depression and anxiety in individuals with Spina Bifida
- Educational issues among children with Spina Bifida
- Folic acid
- Genetics and Spina Bifida
- Hip function
- Hydrocephalus and...
The 2007-2008 flu season’s materials reflect outreach to high-risk groups, including caregivers and parents of infants, parents of children with asthma and diabetes, adults who live with at-risk seniors, and Spanish language materials emphasizing protecting the family.
The COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) Learn More Breathe Better Resource Kit is designed to increase awareness of COPD as a serious lung disease. This tool kit contains materials an organization can use to spread the word about the Learn More, Breathe Better campaign in their communities.
This tool kit contains the following materials:
- Campaign backgrounder
- Fact sheets
- Speaker’s guide/presentation materials
- Radio public service...