AirNow is a Web site that provides national air quality information including air quality forecasts and condition maps. A dedicated page for health care providers provides information about air quality and its impacts on humans. This information can be used to help patients protect their health by reducing their exposure to air pollution.
The provider page includes the following resources and materials:
- Asthma and outdoor air pollution fact sheet
- Ozone and your...
This Web page offers a variety of publications to download about asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), and other lung diseases.
The information includes:
- Asthma materials for schools
- Asthma slide sets
- Guidelines for managing asthma during pregnancy
- Guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of asthma
- Web sites and interactive Web applications for COPD/emphysema
This fact sheet uses evidence-based guideline recommendations to help clinicians identify neurology patients who are at greatest risk for falls. The document discusses risk factors and screening instruments and offers interventions that may prevent falls among patients with a chronic neurological disease.
This fact sheet for patients provides information about the increased risk for falls for individuals suffering from neurological and general conditions. It discusses risk factors, tests, and how to reduce the risk for falls.
The Screen for Life: National Colorectal Cancer Action Campaign informs men and women aged 50 years or older about the importance of having regular colorectal cancer screening tests.
The central campaign messages include:
- Colorectal cancer is the second leading cancer killer in the United States of cancers affecting both men and women
- Screening saves lives
- Colorectal cancer often can be prevented. Regular screening tests can find precancerous polyps so...
Autism A.L.A.R.M. teaches primary caregivers and medical personnel how to spot autism in young children.
The fact sheet outlines:
- General guidelines on developmental screening for children
- The prevalence of autism
- The importance of listening to parents
- Tips about identification and intervention
The tool also contains a surveillance and screening algorithm for autism spectrum disorders.
Topics covered include:
- What is autism?
- How might a child with special needs be a part of our school?
- General strategies for intervention
- For specific...
This Web site helps health and hospital administrators, facilities managers, architects, and designers of health care wayfinding systems eliminate language barriers and improve the quality of health care for people with limited English proficiency through the use of health care symbols in wayfinding systems. Universal symbols help create dynamic systems where patients and visitors feel more comfortable and confident while navigating in a health care facility.
Resources on the...
This fact sheet provides steps patients can follow to get safer health care.
- Ask questions if you have doubts or concerns
- Keep and bring a list of all the medicines you take
- Get the results of any test or procedure
- Talk to your doctor about which hospital is best for your health needs
- Make sure you understand what will happen if you need surgery
This free online resource for managers, occupational health providers, benefits and human resource managers, and employees helps companies assess the impact of diabetes and the need for education in the workplace. Information on the Web site also helps employees with or at risk for diabetes manage their diabetes while at work and teaches them how to reduce their risk for further complications.
The site includes the following information:
- Getting started