This brochure includes information about Down syndrome, a genetic condition that causes physical and intellectual delays in growth and development:
The brochure addresses the following topics:
- Related health issues
- Issues related to learning and development
- The three types of Down syndrome
- Prenatal diagnosis
The 2007-2008 flu season’s materials reflect outreach to high-risk groups, including caregivers and parents of infants, parents of children with asthma and diabetes, adults who live with at-risk seniors, and Spanish language materials emphasizing protecting the family.
This toolkit contains information about comprehensive diabetes exams focused on symptoms and complications of diabetes. The toolkit explains how to differentiate a comprehensive diabetes exam from an annual physical. By providing a specialized diabetes exam, providers are able to dedicate attention to disease management and test results.
Diabetic patients may be interested in these materials so that they can advocate for a comprehensive diabetes examination with their physician.
This booklet describes what teachers, clergy, and other adults in the community can do to help children who experience trauma due to violence or disaster.
This booklet provides the following information:
- Coping with trauma after violence and disasters
- What is trauma?
- Helping young trauma survivors
- How community members can help
- Help for all people in the first days and weeks
- How children react to trauma
The COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) Learn More Breathe Better Resource Kit is designed to increase awareness of COPD as a serious lung disease. This tool kit contains materials an organization can use to spread the word about the Learn More, Breathe Better campaign in their communities.
This tool kit contains the following materials:
- Campaign backgrounder
- Fact sheets
- Speaker’s guide/presentation materials
- Radio public service...
The booklet offers information to women about depression during or after a pregnancy. This booklet also provides information for fathers, family, and friends on how to help their loved one.
The booklet addresses the following topics:
- What causes perinatal depression?
- Who is at risk?
- Types of perinatal depression
- Symptoms of perinatal depression
- If I have perinatal depression, what can I do?
- Advice for fathers, family, and...
This brochure on the grieving process for parents is a resource for learning how to deal with the loss of a baby.
This six-page brochure contains commonly asked questions about hemochromatosis including:
- What is hemochromatosis?
- What causes hemochromatosis?
- What are the risk factors of hemochromatosis?
- What are the symptoms of hemochromatosis?
- How is hemochromatosis diagnosed?
- How is hemochromatosis treated?
- How is hemochromatosis tested?
- Further research
These four posters warn about the dangers of secondhand smoke.
Topics of the posters include:
- Protect yourself from secondhand smoke
- There’s no such thing as a no smoking section
- Secondhand smoke is dangerous to children
- Secondhand smoke is toxic
The posters are also available in Spanish.
This brochure provides tips to encourage patients to become more involved in their care. It also gives patients guidance on how to find out about their medical condition, new medicines, and followup care.
The brochure includes the following information:
- What should you do before leaving the hospital?
- What if you have trouble understanding the language used in the instructions?
- You feel overwhelmed by the followup care you need. What can you do?...