This Web site presents questions for patients to ask their doctor, nurse, and/or pharmacist when prescribed a medication.
Some topics addressed include:
- Generic medications
- Potential side effects
- Issues to discuss with doctor about new prescriptions
This brochure for people with diabetes addresses the importance of blood sugar control and describes two tests that determine blood sugar level.
This brochure addresses the following topics:
- Keeping your blood sugar in control will help you in many ways
- Two important tests tell you if your blood sugar is at a healthy level:
- HbA1C or A1C
- The finger-stick test
- What to ask your doctor, nurse, or dietitian
- What to check when you...
This guide provides information about Web sites that sell medications, offers tips when purchasing medications online, and offers suggestions for consumers looking for a safe Web site. The guide is available as both a Web page and a brochure, in both English and Spanish.
These brochures are designed to help parents, teachers, and principals increase physical activity among elementary and middle school-aged youth.
- The parent brochure includes a checklist parents can use to help decide what organized activities they would like their child to join. It is also available in Spanish and Chinese.
- The teacher brochure includes tips and ideas for adding activity to lesson plans.
- The principal brochure includes tips on how principals can...
This brochure offers suggestions to help patients improve the quality of their dental care.
This brochure presents the following five steps:
- Be an active member of your dental care team
- Tell your dentist about medical problems, medications, allergies, or bad reactions you have had in the past
- Talk openly with your dentist and the dental team about your care and treatment choices
- Make sure that when you need dental care, you and the dentist agree on...
This brochure includes information about group B strep (GBS) and steps that pregnant women can take before they go into labor and when their water breaks to prevent their baby from being infected with GBS.
- What is GBS?
- Being a carrier for these bacteria does not mean you have an infection.
- Ask your doctor for a GBS test when you are 35 to 37 weeks pregnant.
- The antibiotic is only given during labor.
- What you can do before...
This brochure provides soldiers with information about serious forms of deployment-related stress problems. It also provides some general guidance on where to get assistance if they think they may be experiencing any of these problems.
- An overview of deployment-related stress
- Post traumatic stress disorder
- Acute stress disorder
- Adjustment disorders
- Combat/operational stress reactions
This brochure for Veterans Administration (VA) health care providers describes secondary prevention activities for patients with HIV.
This brochure answers the following questions:
- What is secondary HIV prevention?
- What are the goals of secondary HIV prevention?
- Who in VA medical centers, clinics, and Vet Centers can conduct secondary HIV prevention activities?
- Why should VA health care providers practice secondary HIV prevention activities with...
This educational kit is intended for nurses, midwives, and other educators who make presentations on food safety for pregnant women. The materials are available in English and Spanish.
The tool kit contains the following materials:
- Educator’s resource guide
- Pregnancy and foodborne illness: Frequently asked questions
- Four simple steps to food safety
- Foodborne risks for moms-to-be
- Special precautions for moms-to-be