This consumer fact sheet provides the following information about aspirin and heart attack risk:
- Risk factors for heart attack
- Aspirin safety
- What you should do
This Web site offers Federally-developed interactive tools and other resources to help community organizations and partnerships in their efforts to support youth. Included are tools and resources to help form effective partnerships, assess community assets, understand risk factors and protective factors, generate maps of local and Federal resources, and search for evidence-based youth programs.
This tool contains five different diagrams of the human eye. The user can click on a part of the eye and the definition of that anatomy part will appear. The eye diagram includes:
- Optic Nerve
- Vitreous Gel
The Mental Health Services Locator is a searchable database of mental health services and resources around the country.
You can access the following features in the database by selecting a State or U.S. territory from a map or drop-down menu:
- Mental health facilities locator
- Mental health services directory
- Hispanic youth violence prevention services
- State resource guide
- State suicide prevention programs
- Substance abuse treatment...
This checklist is intended to heighten the awareness and sensitivity of personnel to the importance of cultural diversity, cultural competence, and linguistic competence in early childhood settings. It provides concrete examples of the kinds of practices that foster such an environment.
This checklist can be used to assess cultural and linguistic competence in the following areas:
- Physical environment, materials, and resources
- Communication styles ...
This guide describes cervical cancer, risk factors, prevention, diagnosis, and treatment options. It is organized into the following sections:
- What is it?
- Causes, risk factors, and prevention
- Early detection, diagnosis, and staging
- Treating cervical cancer
- Talking with your doctor
- More information
This summary provides patients with information about prostate cancer treatment.
This summary addresses the following topics:
- General information about prostate cancer
- Stages of prostate cancer
- Recurrent prostate cancer
- Treatment option overview
- Treatment options by stage
- Treatment options for recurrent prostate cancer
This toolkit provides the latest evidence-based tools and techniques to help physicians start their own personalized diabetes prevention program. The toolkit is based on the lifestyle modification strategies used in the Diabetes Prevention Program, sponsored by the National Institutes of Health. Information and materials provided in the toolkit include a decision pathway to diagnose and treat pre-diabetes, proven strategies to counsel and motivate patients, an office poster, and copier-ready...
This fact sheet provides information about extensively drug-resistant tuberculosis (XDR TB). It is also available in Spanish, Chinese, French, and Italian. This fact sheet answers the following questions:
- What is XDR TB?
- How is XDR TB spread?
- Why is XDR TB so serious?
- Who is at risk for getting XDR TB?
- How can I prevent myself from getting TB?
- Can the TB vaccine (BCG) help prevent XDR TB?
- If I have regular (drug-susceptible) TB, how...
This fact sheet provides information for pregnant women who have tested positive for group B streptococcus (GBS) on how to protect their babies during pregnancy, when their water breaks or labor begins, and after the baby is born. It also includes GBS symptoms that babies may exhibit.