This tool contains five different diagrams of the human eye. The user can click on a part of the eye and the definition of that anatomy part will appear. The eye diagram includes:
- Optic Nerve
- Vitreous Gel
This fact sheet provides tips to help patients remember to take their blood pressure medications.
This four-page fact sheet addresses healthy eating habits and what parents can do to ensure that their child is eating well.
This fact sheet addresses the following topics:
- Have changes in our diets caused the obesity crisis?
- What influences children’s eating habits?
- What can I do to make sure my child is eating well?
- Is there an easy way to improve eating habits?
- Insist on breakfast
- Plan three meals and two snacks every day
This algorithm is derived from the evidence-based clinical practice guideline, Management of Diabetes Mellitus, developed by the Department of Veterans Affairs and Department of Defense (VA/DoD). It is intended to:
- Promote evidence-based management of individuals with diabetes
- Identify the critical decision points in management of patients with diabetes mellitus (DM), such as glycemic control, evaluation of the eyes and feet, and comorbid conditions (e.g....
This fact sheet presents highlights of the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) recommendations on screening and behavioral counseling interventions in primary care to reduce alcohol misuse.
Topics addressed include:
- What does the USPSTF recommend?
- What is alcohol misuse?
- How effective are screening and counseling for alcohol misuse in the primary care setting?
- What are effective screening and counseling interventions?
- How can...
The National Kidney and Urologic Diseases Information Clearinghouse (NKUDIC) is an information dissemination service of the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK). NKUDIC was established to increase knowledge and understanding about diseases of the kidneys and urologic system among people with these conditions and their families, health care professionals, and the general public. To carry out this mission, NKUDIC works closely with a coordinating panel of...
This brochure provides information about the connection between tuberculosis (TB) and human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection.
This tool addresses the following questions:
- What is TB?
- How is TB spread?
- What are the symptoms of TB?
- What is the difference between TB disease and TB infection?
- Why is it important to know if I have TB and HIV infections?
- What is a TB skin test?
- What must I do if I have TB infection or TB...
This 186-page chartbook is based on a broad review of recently published studies and reports, conducted to present a coherent picture of the quality of health care for elderly Medicare beneficiaries living in the community. The results are presented in 60 charts.
The topics in this chartbook are presented as follows:
- Summary and highlights
- Overview: Progress, gaps, and variations
- Challenges in measuring quality for the elderly population...
This fact sheet provides information about extensively drug-resistant tuberculosis (XDR TB). It is also available in Spanish, Chinese, French, and Italian. This fact sheet answers the following questions:
- What is XDR TB?
- How is XDR TB spread?
- Why is XDR TB so serious?
- Who is at risk for getting XDR TB?
- How can I prevent myself from getting TB?
- Can the TB vaccine (BCG) help prevent XDR TB?
- If I have regular (drug-susceptible) TB, how...
This fact sheet provides information for pregnant women who have tested positive for group B streptococcus (GBS) on how to protect their babies during pregnancy, when their water breaks or labor begins, and after the baby is born. It also includes GBS symptoms that babies may exhibit.