This brochure provides information about scleroderma and helpful hints to cope with it.
This brochure is organized into the following sections:
- Coping with scleroderma
- The beginning
- The diagnosis
- The emotions
- Anger and depression
- Bargaining and acceptance
- Helpful hints
This Web site offers Federally-developed interactive tools and other resources to help community organizations and partnerships in their efforts to support youth. Included are tools and resources to help form effective partnerships, assess community assets, understand risk factors and protective factors, generate maps of local and Federal resources, and search for evidence-based youth programs.
The Mental Health Services Locator is a searchable database of mental health services and resources around the country.
You can access the following features in the database by selecting a State or U.S. territory from a map or drop-down menu:
- Mental health facilities locator
- Mental health services directory
- Hispanic youth violence prevention services
- State resource guide
- State suicide prevention programs
- Substance abuse treatment...
This checklist is intended to heighten the awareness and sensitivity of personnel to the importance of cultural diversity, cultural competence, and linguistic competence in early childhood settings. It provides concrete examples of the kinds of practices that foster such an environment.
This checklist can be used to assess cultural and linguistic competence in the following areas:
- Physical environment, materials, and resources
- Communication styles ...
This guide provides patients with information about the American Society of Clinical Oncology’s 2006 Update of Recommendations for the Use of Tumor Markers in Gastrointestinal Cancer. This guide is organized into the following sections:
- What This Means for Patients
- Questions to Ask the Doctor
- Helpful Links and Resources
This fact sheet presents highlights of the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) recommendations on screening and behavioral counseling interventions in primary care to reduce alcohol misuse.
Topics addressed include:
- What does the USPSTF recommend?
- What is alcohol misuse?
- How effective are screening and counseling for alcohol misuse in the primary care setting?
- What are effective screening and counseling interventions?
- How can...
This summary provides patients with information about prostate cancer treatment.
This summary addresses the following topics:
- General information about prostate cancer
- Stages of prostate cancer
- Recurrent prostate cancer
- Treatment option overview
- Treatment options by stage
- Treatment options for recurrent prostate cancer
The National Kidney and Urologic Diseases Information Clearinghouse (NKUDIC) is an information dissemination service of the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK). NKUDIC was established to increase knowledge and understanding about diseases of the kidneys and urologic system among people with these conditions and their families, health care professionals, and the general public. To carry out this mission, NKUDIC works closely with a coordinating panel of...
This leadership guide is an informational and organizational tool to support the Remaking American Medicine campaign, a grassroots initiative to mobilize the public in demanding and supporting sweeping change throughout the American health system.
This guide includes the following:
- Overview: A system in need of critical care
- How to use the Leadership Guide
- Remaking American Medicine (four-part film series)
- National outreach campaign...
This booklet is for patients who are facing surgery that is not an emergency. It provides some questions patients can ask their primary care doctor and surgeon before having surgery as well as the reasons for asking these questions. This tool addresses the following topics:
- Care about your health
- Get the basic facts
- Learn about the benefits and risks
- Learn how to get more information
- Find out more about your operation
- Make sure your surgery...