This brochure provides information about scleroderma and helpful hints to cope with it.
This brochure is organized into the following sections:
- Coping with scleroderma
- The beginning
- The diagnosis
- The emotions
- Anger and depression
- Bargaining and acceptance
- Helpful hints
This summary provides patients with information about prostate cancer treatment.
This summary addresses the following topics:
- General information about prostate cancer
- Stages of prostate cancer
- Recurrent prostate cancer
- Treatment option overview
- Treatment options by stage
- Treatment options for recurrent prostate cancer
This leadership guide is an informational and organizational tool to support the Remaking American Medicine campaign, a grassroots initiative to mobilize the public in demanding and supporting sweeping change throughout the American health system.
This guide includes the following:
- Overview: A system in need of critical care
- How to use the Leadership Guide
- Remaking American Medicine (four-part film series)
- National outreach campaign...
This booklet is for patients who are facing surgery that is not an emergency. It provides some questions patients can ask their primary care doctor and surgeon before having surgery as well as the reasons for asking these questions. This tool addresses the following topics:
- Care about your health
- Get the basic facts
- Learn about the benefits and risks
- Learn how to get more information
- Find out more about your operation
- Make sure your surgery...
This fact sheet presents highlights of the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) recommendations on screening and behavioral counseling interventions in primary care to reduce alcohol misuse.
Topics addressed include:
- What does the USPSTF recommend?
- What is alcohol misuse?
- How effective are screening and counseling for alcohol misuse in the primary care setting?
- What are effective screening and counseling interventions?
- How can...
This Web site focuses on National Alcohol and Drug Addiction Recovery Month, which promotes the societal benefits of alcohol and drug use treatment, lauds the contributions of treatment providers, and promotes the message that recovery from alcohol and drug use disorders in all its forms is possible. Developed by the Center for Substance Abuse Treatment, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, Recovery Month activities have been held each September since 1998.
The National Kidney and Urologic Diseases Information Clearinghouse (NKUDIC) is an information dissemination service of the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK). NKUDIC was established to increase knowledge and understanding about diseases of the kidneys and urologic system among people with these conditions and their families, health care professionals, and the general public. To carry out this mission, NKUDIC works closely with a coordinating panel of...
This 15-page checklist will help consumers find and fix hazards in their homes that may result in falls. The checklist asks about hazards found in each room and tells how to fix the problem.
The checklist includes the following sections:
- Floors in each room
- Stairs and steps inside and outside of the home
- Kitchen and eating areas
- Other things you can do to prevent falls
- Other safety tips
This report provides data on inpatient hospital discharges for all Pennsylvania general and most specialty acute care hospitals, regardless of bed size. The information is hospital-specific and is presented in three regional versions (Western, Central/Northeastern, and Southeastern). This tool can assist consumers and purchasers in making more informed health decisions and can also aid providers in highlighting additional opportunities for quality improvement and cost containment.
This two-page flow sheet provides structured documentation for the assessment of patients with asthma and assists providers in embedding guidelines into daily practice.
The flow sheet includes fields for recording the following information:
- Vital signs and lung function tests
- Current symptoms
- Recent daytime symptoms
- Recent nighttime symptoms
- B2-agonist use
- ER visits
- Missed school
- Home peak flow rates