This tool, part of The Heart Truth Campaign, presents 10 recommendations for women’s heart health.
This Center for Mental Health Services (CMHS) initiative on school violence—Safe Schools/ Healthy Students—focuses on the collective involvement of families, communities, and schools to build resiliency to disruptive behavior disorders. The initiative is a grant program designed to develop real-world knowledge about what works best to reduce school violence. The underlying principles of the program are to:
- Marry security with healthy childhood development
This brochure emphasizes the importance of a balanced diet for people managing their diabetes. It describes food groups using examples and demonstrates how to balance a meal.
This brochure addresses the following topics:
- Easy eating for diabetes
- What to eat for lunch and dinner
- Meats, poultry, soy products, and fish
- Grains, breads, and starches
- One idea for a...
This patient guide summarizes the American Society of Clinical Oncology’s recommendations on hormone therapy for men with advanced prostate cancer.
This patient guide addresses the following topics:
This 162-page resource guide is designed to help States assess their quality of diabetes care and fashion quality improvement strategies suited to State conditions.
This resource guide is divided into six modules:
- Module 1: Background (making the case for diabetes care quality improvement)
- Module 2: Data (understanding the foundation of quality improvement)
- Module 3: Information (interpreting State estimates of diabetes quality)
- Module 4: Action (...
This patient education guide provides information for people recently diagnosed with lung cancer to help them understand their condition.
This patient education guide addresses the following topics:
- A team approach
- Making the diagnosis
- Staging of cancer
- Clinical studies
- Living with lung cancer
This fact sheet addresses overweight in children and provides recommendations on its prevention.
This fact sheet includes the following sections:
- Is this generation of youth really more overweight than previous generations?
- How does being overweight affect a child’s health?
- 10 serious health threats for overweight youth
- How do you determine if a child is overweight?
- Should an overweight child go on a diet?
- Why are more children today...
Let’s Talk About Stroke is a series of downloadable patient information sheets, created by the American Stroke Association, that presents information in a question-and-answer format that’s brief, easy to follow, and easy to read. They can be used by physicians to foster communication with patients about stroke. Some are available in Spanish as well as English.
The patient information sheets cover two general topics: stroke prevention and life after stroke.
This key points card on inpatient mental health care is derived from the evidence-based clinical practice guideline, Management of Major Depressive Disorder (MDD) in Adults, developed by the Department of Veterans Affairs and Department of Defense (VA/DoD). The guideline is intended to identify the critical decision points in management of patients with depressive conditions, such as assessment, empirically supported psychotherapies and pharmacological therapies, non-MDD conditions...
This 16-page booklet is for people infected with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) and for their friends and families. The focus is on helping people live with HIV and keep themselves healthy.
This booklet addresses the following questions:
- What is HIV and how did I get it?
- What is the difference between HIV infection and AIDS?
- How long does it take to go from HIV infection to a diagnosis of AIDS?
- How can I stay healthy longer?
- What can...