This PDQ cancer information summary for health professionals provides comprehensive, peer-reviewed, evidence-based information about the classification and treatment of adult acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL).
This tool is organized into the following sections:
- General information about ALL
- Cellular classification
- Stage information
- Treatment option overview
- Standard treatment options for remission induction therapy ...
These tools provide information about science-based interventions that use motivational incentives (low- or no-cost reinforcements such as vouchers, prizes, and privileges) to help reduce drug use and enhance client retention in treatment programs.
The tool kit includes the following materials:
- PowerPoint presentations
- Support materials
- For program administrators
- Sample policy and...
- For program administrators
Long-term care and other residential facilities can use this tool to self-assess the strengths and weaknesses of their pandemic influenza planning efforts.
This checklist is divided into the following sections:
- Structure for planning and decisionmaking
- Development of a written pandemic influenza plan
- Elements of an influenza pandemic plan
This tool kit provides information for clinicians on preventing fetal alcohol syndrome. It contains information on how to screen and advise patients about the risks of drinking while pregnant and encourages the use of effective contraception among patients who continue to engage in risky drinking behaviors.
The tool kit includes screening and brief intervention tools for the clinican and one-page patient education handouts for download.
Tool kit components include:...
This fact sheet provides information about multidrug-resistant tuberculosis (MDR TB). It is also available in Spanish.
This fact sheet answers the following questions:
- What is tuberculosis (TB)?
- What is multidrug-resistant tuberculosis (MDR TB)?
- What is extensively drug resistant tuberculosis (XDR TB)?
- How is TB spread?
- How does drug resistance happen?
- Who is at risk for getting MDR TB?
- How can MDR TB be prevented?
This is an online training course to educate primary care providers about the importance of early detection and early intervention of adult-onset hemochromatosis.
The course contains eight modules:
- Clinical features
- Diagnostic testing
- Treatment and management
- Family-based detection
- Course summary
- Case studies
This is a summary of the American Academy of Neurology (AAN) and Child Neurology Society’s (CNS) evidence-based guideline reviewing all available evidence on the assessment of the child with status epilepticus.
The guideline summary includes recommendations for determining the cause of status epilepticus in children including:
- Assessment of laboratory studies
- Assessment of metabolic and genetic testing
- Assessment of electroencephalography
This fact sheet provides information for pregnant women who have tested positive for group B streptococcus (GBS) on how to protect their babies during pregnancy, when their water breaks or labor begins, and after the baby is born. It also includes GBS symptoms that babies may exhibit.
This brochure includes information about group B strep (GBS) and steps that pregnant women can take before they go into labor and when their water breaks to prevent their baby from being infected with GBS.
- What is GBS?
- Being a carrier for these bacteria does not mean you have an infection.
- Ask your doctor for a GBS test when you are 35 to 37 weeks pregnant.
- The antibiotic is only given during labor.
- What you can do before...
Through this 4-week program, patients with complex care needs receive specific tools, are supported by a “transition coach,” and learn self-management skills to ensure their needs are met during the transition from hospital to home.
The tool kit includes the following:
- Intervention tools
- Protocol manual
- Discharge preparation checklist
- Personal health record
- Sample transition coach charting form
- Coach database