This guide was developed to be an evaluation tool for purchasers, particularly employers, in assessing their value-based health care purchasing (VBP) activities. This guide has two primary objectives:
- To encourage purchasers, and especially employers, to conduct formal evaluations of their VBP activities.
- To facilitate that effort by presenting an evaluation process that purchasers can adopt and adapt to their projects.
This guide is organized into two parts....
This guide is designed to help women understand changes that occur in their breasts.
This guide includes the following information:
- About your breasts
- Types of breast changes
- Finding breast changes
- Breast changes during your lifetime that are not cancer
- Getting a second opinion
- Followup tests to tell you more
- Finding the support you need
- For more information
- Chart 1: Possible mammogram results and followup care...
This Web site presents information about tuberculosis (TB). It is part of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC’s) National Prevention Information Network (NPIN).
This site provides information on the following:
- What’s new in TB
- TB today
- The changing epidemiology of TB
- Populations most affected by TB
- Challenges to TB elimination
- TB elimination and control today
- Making the connection
This brochure gives patients with diabetes information about how to check their feet and tips to prevent foot injuries related to diabetes.
This brochure addresses the following topics:
- How to check your feet
- What to look for
- How to care for your feet
- Tips to remember
Choosing Pain Medicine For Osteoarthritis is a guide to help consumers work with their doctors or nurses to choose pain-relief medicine for osteoarthritis. It provides information on the risks and benefits of over-the-counter (OTC) medications and prescription (Rx) drugs used for treatment. It also includes charts to compare the prices of different prescription and over-the-counter medications.
This 18-page guideline summary is derived from the evidence-based clinical practice guideline, Management of Medically Unexplained Symptoms: Chronic Pain and Fatigue, developed by the Department of Veterans Affairs and Department of Defense. It is intended to:
- Promote efficient and effective assessment of patients’ complaints
- Identify the critical decision points in management of patients with medically unexplained symptoms: chronic pain and fatigue
This tool is a step-by-step guide to helping people with heart disease make decisions that will protect and improve their heart health. It provides information about lifestyle habits, medicines, and other treatments that can lessen the chances of having a heart attack.
This guide addresses the following topics:
- Heart disease: A wakeup call
- What is heart disease?
- Getting tested for heart disease
- Controlling your risk factors
- You and your doctor...
This Web site offers information to cancer control planners, program staff, and researchers in order to assist them in achieving their goals:
- to reduce cancer risk
- to reduce the number of new cancer cases
- to reduce the number of deaths from cancer
- to enhance the quality of life for cancer survivors
While many share the same goals, all do not have easy access to resources that can facilitate the transfer of evidence-based research findings into...
This tool provides patients with general information about prostate cancer screening.
This tool addresses the following topics:
- What is screening?
- General information about prostate cancer
- Prostate cancer screening
- Risks of prostate cancer screening
This 36-page guidebook, part of the You Can! Steps to Healthier Aging Campaign, will help community organizations increase the number of older people who stay active and healthy by implementing a simple 12-week nutrition and walking program.
The guidebook addresses the following topics:
- Setting up your program
- Week 1:
- Eat better for health
- Orientation and enrollment
- Week 2:
- Move more for health
- Orientation to step...