Smokefree.gov provides information and professional assistance to support those who want to quit smoking.
The Web site allows users to choose the help that best fits their needs. Available assistance includes:
- An online step-by-step cessation guide
- Local and State telephone quitlines
- National Cancer Institute (NCI’s) national telephone quitline
- NCI’s instant messaging service
- Publications, which may be downloaded, printed, or ordered ...
This wallet card presents the eight key points health care practitioners should follow regarding the diagnosis and management of dyslipidemia.
This cancer information summary for health professionals provides comprehensive, peer-reviewed, evidence-based information about ovarian cancer prevention.
Information about the following is included in this summary:
- Ovarian cancer incidence and mortality statistics and information about ovarian cancer risk factors
- Interventions for ovarian cancer prevention
This Web site presents information about tuberculosis (TB). It is part of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC’s) National Prevention Information Network (NPIN).
This site provides information on the following:
- What’s new in TB
- TB today
- The changing epidemiology of TB
- Populations most affected by TB
- Challenges to TB elimination
- TB elimination and control today
- Making the connection
This brochure gives patients with diabetes information about how to check their feet and tips to prevent foot injuries related to diabetes.
This brochure addresses the following topics:
- How to check your feet
- What to look for
- How to care for your feet
- Tips to remember
The National Committee for Quality Assurance’s (NCQA’s) Report Card for Managed Behavioral Healthcare Organizations (MBHO) is an interactive tool that makes quality information about MBHOs more accessible to employers, health plans, and consumers. The MBHO Report Card informs consumers about the MBHOs that have undergone NCQA’s thorough, expert evaluation. Users can view the entire MBHO list or selected MBHOs.
The MBHO Report Card provides the following information:
This 18-page guideline summary is derived from the evidence-based clinical practice guideline, Management of Medically Unexplained Symptoms: Chronic Pain and Fatigue, developed by the Department of Veterans Affairs and Department of Defense. It is intended to:
- Promote efficient and effective assessment of patients’ complaints
- Identify the critical decision points in management of patients with medically unexplained symptoms: chronic pain and fatigue
This psychosocial rehabilitation health education algorithm is derived from the evidence-based clinical practice guideline, Management of Psychoses, developed by the Department of Veterans Affairs and Department of Defense (VA/DoD). It is intended to provide a systematic approach to the evaluation and management of patients with psychoses/schizophrenia.
This tool can be used to educate patients who are not fully informed about health needs or who do not avoid high risk...
This tool provides patients with general information about prostate cancer screening.
This tool addresses the following topics:
- What is screening?
- General information about prostate cancer
- Prostate cancer screening
- Risks of prostate cancer screening
This 36-page guidebook, part of the You Can! Steps to Healthier Aging Campaign, will help community organizations increase the number of older people who stay active and healthy by implementing a simple 12-week nutrition and walking program.
The guidebook addresses the following topics:
- Setting up your program
- Week 1:
- Eat better for health
- Orientation and enrollment
- Week 2:
- Move more for health
- Orientation to step...